New picture of my 29 biocube

nissan577

wow lol you stealer! nice well congrats on your new shroom well not new ofcourse. do you have any frags for sale? just wondering

vgl12

the best tank i've ever seen!! its beatiful. question- are all those corals you have somewhat "easy" to take care of?

oceana

most are rather easy. there are a few acros mixed in that can be touchy but otehr then that tehre are lots of LPS and montipora cap. it is an sps but as far as sps goes very easy to keep and does not even need that much light to live. to thrive and have the best color high light is best. most corals in this tank are med to high light needing

oceana

front view of halide. I could have been neater with the wires but to be honest is is fully covered and hidden. noone will ever see it so i did not give a chit lol you can see that i have a PC light missing. I removed it for two resons. one is i simply dont think i need it. pleasnty of light from the halide IMO. two is it covers the fans a tiny bit and i figure might as well take it out. everything was 100% functonal with the PC in there it was just a personal choice.

I also ordered this LED unit. it lights the entire tank from this one tiny tube. very bright and great color at night. i was very glad i got themI covered the end in rubber glue so water proof the connection. i was worried about what would happen if it ever fell of so i wanted to be safe. it can now be fully submerged with no problem. As a side note check out the water movment in that last pic. man i love koralia nanos

nissan577

wow! thanks for the pic now i really want to buy them. how much was it that you got it for? and the pc you have is actinic right? and you said the temp says the same? and how many fans you got? sorry for the so many question
thanks

oceana

there are 5 fans. to in the stock location two next running across the halide and one i installed in the back over chamber number 1.
temp is not an isssue at all in this tank. i truly thought it would be but i have not had a single day that it went over 80-81 which is the temp i keep our tanks out by choice anyhow so that worked out great.
the pc lamp in there now is actinic but with the 14 k phoenix 150 halid you cant even tell the pc is on. i have the two stock moon lights on 24/7. first thing in the morning the large tube LEDs come on then the actinic then the halide and back off again in reverse order. halide is on for 10 hours per day. the kit from nanotuners will run around 550.00. you could buy the parts yourself at different places and put the kit together for around 300 plus the bulb.

nissan577

wow. k so ima do 10 hours in total when i get. 1 hour first with the actinics then the mh's then turn them off and leave the actinic on for one more hour. my temp is always at 82-84. is that bad? and is my light time be bad also?

oceana

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2768211
wow. k so ima do 10 hours in total when i get. 1 hour first with the actinics then the mh's then turn them off and leave the actinic on for one more hour. my temp is always at 82-84. is that bad? and is my light time be bad also?

82 is not bad 84 is pushing it a bit but as long as you keep it constant you should be ok. i dont lke anything over 82.