new rbta from swf.com

lluv24

hello, well i ordered a new rbta i got it a few days ago . it seems to be a light pink with alot of white ...... is this bad or good? i will get pics asap........ thanks

lluv24

i have metal halide 2-250watt and 4-65watt pc..............this pic is with the pc lights only the halides have'nt came on yet......

lluv24

okay if you guys say so
just all the other ive seen were really dark color..... but thats why i asked ....thanks..... i did feed it and it took the shrimp and ate it on the first try.

I want to agree with the guy above about the color.. it doesn't look like any RBTA I've seen. Mine is a brilliant orange, and most i've seen are that, or a deep maroon color. That aside, it has attached to a spot and is accepting food. That's a good start, and even if isn't a happy color, feed it daily or every other day for awhile. Just make sure the food is smaller than it's mouth and not too large an amount. You don't want it to use more energy to eat food than it get's from the food of itself. Good luck either way! They are beautiful creatures.

spanko

With your lighting, and providing you have excellant water quality it will color up nicely soon.
JMO

lluv24

well should i take a gamble with trying to keep this alive and not say anything to swf.com about the health of this rbta? i paid alot of money for this so i want the best chance i can get................. so should i say something about this or not........what to do what would you do

meowzer

Give it time to acclimate.......It was in a bag for 24 hours or so....under stress.....I have seen them in different shades.....you have 15 days......so IMO give it a chance

meowzer

Originally Posted by lluv24
http:///forum/post/3201821
so how long should i wait ?
What is it doing? IMO it really does not look that bad. Have you fed it? Is it roaming or staying put? Is it shriveling up? so many questions....

jackri

It honestly to me looks very good. All 4 of mine are lighter in color -- it's split 3 times from the orginal and they all eat and are healthy. The one I got from which is split (other owner) are HUGE and DARK RED. Lighting, food, etc all play a part. It's out and bubbly -- I think your fine.

chaseter

Mine was that color and more whitish when I got it on sale from my LFS. I took good care of it and it has darkened up and grown a ton! I am about to have to trade it in because it will soon outgrow my tanks:(