new rbta it has problems

rslinger

So I bought a rbta today from a member of my local reef club. I get home and I find he has ripped of the foot and there is a 2in hole straight through it, where the mouth should be. It was completely deflated. Since getting it home it has started to inflate a bit. Do you think it will be alright? Is there anything I can do for it?

btldreef

Well, it doesn't sound good.
But I will give you this piece of info as well:
BTA's can be fragged if each piece has an equal amount of mouth left on it. It's risky, but it can be done. Do you have a separate tank you can place it in?

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rslinger http:///forum/thread/386260/new-rbta-it-has-problems#post_3391649
Well it is moving its self in to a hole in a rock so maybe just maybe it will heal and come back out.
Yup - just leave it alone and hope for the best. If it starts "melting" or looking really pale and begins to skink - suck it out and pitch it, but they are suprisingly tough little crittres.....My LTA managed to get sucked into a large strainer in the 475 TWICE
a while back and I was sure after round 2 he was gonna die, but he's getting better, bigger, clowns are taking care of him, and he's gonna be fine.

meowzer

WOW...congratulations!!!! I never would have guessed that it would have made it but YAYYYYY for you and it

rslinger

Wish I could get a picture of its mouth you cant even tell it looked like that yesterday it must have loved my water lol I still can't believe my eyes. It is my fathers day gift and that makes it even better!

jerth6932

Ohh... man... I had one and had the same thing happen, but I just got rid of it when it looked like your pix cause I didn't want it to crash my 24 gallon.......... Sounds and looks like I made the wrong decision along time ago....... Glad to see it pullin through!