New reef safe King Angel

O

osufarker

Originally posted by lionfish12
I just dont like when people put 1ft fish in a 6-8 ft tank b/c thats not much swimming room and its like us being a small hotel room for the rest of your life. ( Not good :nope: )

How many people have a tank over 8ft? By that rule no one would own large fish. I have a 9-10" queen and 11-12" blonde naso both in a 6ft 125. They are doing just great and are healthier than most fish I see. Within the next few months they will be going in my 240 where I plan to keep them for quite sometime. I would like to eventually setup a 1000+.
I get were you are coming from, especially with people placing many tangs in 4ft tanks, but to expect a tank greater than 8 ft just is not practical. I would love to have the money to have a 12ftx4ftx4ft, but it ain't going to happen anytime soon.
Back to the topic I think that Passer will do just fine in a 140. It may eventually outgrow it, but that will take several years.

flatzboy

Originally posted by osufarker
How many people have a tank over 8ft? By that rule no one would own large fish. I have a 9-10" queen and 11-12" blonde naso both in a 6ft 125. They are doing just great and are healthier than most fish I see. Within the next few months they will be going in my 240 where I plan to keep them for quite sometime. I would like to eventually setup a 1000+.
I get were you are coming from, especially with people placing many tangs in 4ft tanks, but to expect a tank greater than 8 ft just is not practical. I would love to have the money to have a 12ftx4ftx4ft, but it ain't going to happen anytime soon.
Back to the topic I think that Passer will do just fine in a 140. It may eventually outgrow it, but that will take several years.

Its funny how he flames other people about fish but he wants hippo tangs, grouper, eels, and what not in his 6ft. 125g. tank that he prob. doesn't even have!!

jamnman

I new I would get flamed for showing these pics but my friend was tired of his tank so I bought everything inside his tank. The fish was in with the deal.
I am running two 250w 10000k Halides (Ushio), and four 65w actinic blue bulbs.
I will try to get some close ups of him tommorow, the halides have already shut down for the evening.
King Angels only get to 10" in the wild and probably less in captivity.
Atleast this fish is in perfect water conditions.
He seems to be very happy my friends nitrates were off the chart and mine are 0.

lionfish12

I have a 6th tank! Me and my dad are getting what we need to finish it on saturday after my sisters volley- ball game. Ill have pictures then!

flatzboy

Originally posted by Jamnman
I new I would get flamed for showing these pics but my friend was tired of his tank so I bought everything inside his tank. The fish was in with the deal.
I am running two 250w 10000k Halides (Ushio), and four 65w actinic blue bulbs.
I will try to get some close ups of him tommorow, the halides have already shut down for the evening.
King Angels only get to 10" in the wild and probably less in captivity.
Atleast this fish is in perfect water conditions.
He seems to be very happy my friends nitrates were off the chart and mine are 0.

No flames except for lionfish12 who doesn't know what hes talking about! You have a great tank, great fish, awesome entire setup and your angel is a nice center piece for a fish so don't let anybody bring you down!! I love yer tank!!!:D :yes:
And I hope lionfish12 didn't scare you away from this board.

adamz

i kno this thread is totaly jacked and i shouldnt reply to keep it goin but i find it so so so ironic htat lionfish had a blue tang a panther grouper and some other huge fish plus other stuff in a 40 gal and now after getting yelled at he thinks he knows all that is right

madysmom

Originally posted by lionfish12
DID U see the SIZES too? Ill end up getting rid of them once they get too big. Im not getting the eel and i dont have the trigger anymore( went to lfs)

...cats or dogs..... please do not ever have kids!!!

calvindo

BLAH BLAH BLAH... his money, his tank. he can do whatever he wants. besides.... with a tank looking like that... jarman knows what he's doing.
Jamnan, ya got a nice fish there. i'm sure he'll be fine.

iyaoyas

Just wanted to tell you, that is a beautiful tank you have.
Very nice fish as well.
Keep up the good work.

fishman830

awesome awesome tank! it's great, the fish is great i'd like to get some specs on your system lighting etc.
lionfish i don't think you should be saying anything other than,"Nice tank!"

muskyhunte

Nice tank you have going. I have seen big fish in smaller tanks then that. I think the fish will do fine. I once saw an 10" Naso in a 37 gallon tank. I dont like to see that dut what you have Jamnan will work.

fishtanker

Granted a 140gal is a large tank however, it is no where near large enough for one of the biggest species of full size angels. This isnt an Maculosus or Blue Girdled angel we're talking about

reefnut

Ill end up getting rid of them once they get too big.
I wonder if we can do that with kids :thinking:. As soon as they get the sarcastic teenage attitude... THERE OUT OF HERE!!

I may give it a go...

mmmsalty

i know i shouldn't but i can't help myself :D
i have 12 tanks!!!! me and my daddy are gonna get another one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please.... lionfish12. r you 12, you are aren't you.

jeffro8332

hey lionfish where are the pics. i've been reading for 2 months about "i'll post pics soon / tonight / tomorrow" all ive seen is a tank with fake coral and a another tank with a 3" trigger in it.
j

golfish

Originally posted by ReefNut
Ill end up getting rid of them once they get too big.

I wonder if we can do that with kids :thinking:. As soon as they get the sarcastic teenage attitude... THERE OUT OF HERE!!

I'm about there...my oldest will be 21 in Nov, she's one sarcastic remark away from learning how far you can go in this world without an education..At least we're smart enough to keep the new car we bought her in our names