New Sailfin

kevin34

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Well, sometimes I think you have to take what's known to be the "hardest" with a grain of salt. I know Powder Blues are also supposed to be hard, but I know several reefers who have both. If my daughter wasn't set on getting "bubbles" (Yellow Tang) then I would have gone for the Achilles. I think it all comes down to how well a person is going to take care of their tank. If someone is going to be bad about making the water changes then I'd say any "hard" fish would be out of the question. You sound like a person that will be on top of things so I for one think you can pull it off.

Thanks for the compliment Az. But if I were to invest that much money into that fish I would want it to have more than the minimum 6 feet of room which is what I have. But I do plan on getting one in the future along with a giant tank.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Thanks for the compliment Az. But if I were to invest that much money into that fish I would want it to have more than the minimum 6 feet of room which is what I have. But I do plan on getting one in the future along with a giant tank.
Understand completely. My dream fish is a male Naso Tang. Even though some people do have one in a 6', 125 gal tank, I will NOT. When I upgrade to a larger tank, I will then have my Naso.

stdreb27

Do you think it will be ok if I take him out of QT early?
He was at the lfs for 5 months, in a tank with its own filtration.
And I have not added anything to my dt for 7 or 8 months. He has been in QT for 2 weeks.

T

tiberius

Since you do have a QT set up then I would leave him there. Why take a chance. I have taken plenty since I don't have a QT but won't do it anymore after reading horror stories on here. If he is happily swimming around and eating fine then what is 1 more week. Patience grasshopper!
BTW awesome looking sailfin. Wish I could get one but my tank isn't big enough.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Tiberius
Since you do have a QT set up then I would leave him there. Why take a chance. I have taken plenty since I don't have a QT but won't do it anymore after reading horror stories on here. If he is happily swimming around and eating fine then what is 1 more week. Patience grasshopper!
I agree 100%. It's hard, I know....but it will be worth it.