New Sally light foot died today / SWF claiming question.

cableguy

So I placed an order for the following on Wednesday:
1 sally light foot
1 Cleaner shrimp
1 frag of Zoas
2 Clowns
They arrive on Friday, and when they arrived the cleaner shrimp was DOA. So I took a pic and submitted the request. SWF quickly got back with me and refunded the purchase.

So I wake up today and my new SLF (sally light foot) looks like he tried to molt or something, and is dead in the middle of the tank. When he arrived he only had one pincher and the my other one has two.. thought that was kinda weird. I know it is not just his shell because my other SLF molted last week and there was no flesh on it. This one that died, his body started to separate from his legs and it was filled with flesh.

I have another SLF from my last order and he is still fine. I acclimated him the same way, and the Zoas and the clowns and everything else I ordered is fine. So should I claim this SLF?
The reason I am asking is because I kinda feel bad that two things in this order have died. Should I just chock it up as part of the hobby or use the 15 day guarantee?

If you are wondering about my tank stats goto my Journal.

What are your guys' experiences with SWF orders and things dieing / claims?

meowzer

I have about 20 orders with swf.....if it arrives doa or dies within a day or 2 I put a claim in....If it was later, I have used my judgement and depending on what it was I filed or didn't....
I will tell you one thing I have found out....I have one slf in each tank....I put 3 in my 225G, and I have ONE....I have tried to add others...and still have ONE.....I have come to the conclusion (in my tanks) that you can only have ONE slf to tank.....(this may or not be true for others, but it is for me and my 3 tanks)
HTH LOL

cableguy

Humm
Yeah he even went over to the side where the other one is after about 1 hour in the tank, they checked each other out and then he went back to a different rock. He was very active... just weird. Im still looking for him in hopes that he molted but as I said, I could see flesh and my ammonia is up a little to .25 =(
Thanks - as some call you, Mom!

I can't see a crab giving you an ammonia reading from dying. Esp in a 75 gal tank. Worried u got something else going on.

cableguy

I got home from going out at 2am(Friday) and saw him in the middle of the tank. I thought he was just exploring. So I then woke up late for golf at 9am and he will still in the same spot. This is when I thought maybe he molted but I didnt have any time to study him because I was running late.
So I got home at around 4pm (Saturday, about 24hrs after I put him in, and over 12hrs since I last saw him move.) and had some time to study him. This is when I first thought he was dead. So he had over 12 hours to start to decompose and start a small ammonia spike. I also added two clowns at the same time so they helped im sure too.
Anywho, I just tested and the level is back at 0.00 FWIW.