new set up

david12

happy feet its at 1 so it still has to get down to 0.50 and .025 so who knows that was a week sence i tested that so mabye it it will go down

J

jstdv8

David,
I dont know your money situation, but Id encourage you to get your own tests. They are entirely neccesary in this hobby and you wont ahe to depend on your LFS to tell you whats right or wrong. Plus it gives you somehting to do when there isnt anything else going on :)
They arent too expensive and since you allready have ammonia you jsut need nitirite and nitrate to complete the kit for the cylce

ashleigh234

You live in Sydney right? What is the name of the petshop you have been going to? I am in brisbane, but I can do some research on a local forum for you if you like as to whether they are a trusted shop or not.
Also, $80 for two clown fish? Unless they are generally an expensive type of clown, I wouldnt be paying $40 for a clown fish, you can generally find them in australia for $20-30 from memory, depending on shop quality, so for $40 I would hope they are some nice fish, and coming from an excellent shop!
PS - you will definately need to look into some sort of cooling for your tank, I have not been through a summer here yet with my tank (or in general as have not long moved here) but it gets rather hot, my chiller on my tank is already working quite a lot and its an open top tank and we also have the aircon going most days! Its not even summer!