New SPS coral

attml

My system has been in transition because I have moved every thing around for my new 120gal that I am setting up so I haven't taken many pictures lately. Tonight I got this Tri color Acro from one of the guys in my local aquarium club. He is breaking down his 325 because he is moving to Fla. I paid $40 for this huge colony. I almost felt guilty for taking it so cheaply!

dburr

I know how you can feel less guilty. Frag a big piece and send it to me. Then your piece will be smaller for the same price.:D

Very nice.

attml

stapler, ReefNut & dburr,
Thank you all very much!!! The guy I got it from is just a very nice guy and one of those guys that is in it truely for the hobby. All of his stuff he grew out from frags. Here is a shot of his system before he started tearing it down. Very nice!

jugger

Originally posted by stapler
You should feel guilty! :)

YEAH....but i would have to.....nice coral...i bet the pic doesnt do it justice

S

spsaddict

gotta love the tricolors..i got a small frag im gunna grow out... they certainly are nice additions... congrats

attml

Jugger & spsaddict,
Thank you very much. I have a couple of other Tri -colors but none with green polyps but hav always wanted one! On a side note I am also trying to rescue a badly bleached s. haddoni (carpet anemone) from my LFS. Hopefully with any luck I can nurse it back to health!

shoreliner11

Absolutely amazing. Awesome colors and outstanding piece. Geez...I want mh soooo bad...next tank, next tank. At least thats what I keep telling myself.

attml

Shoreliner11 & waterfaller1,
Thank you both very much!!! As Jugger said in an earlier post the pictures don't do it any justice!
Jugger,
Yeah I am a sucker for hard luck cases. A LFS employee tried to tell me it was a perfectly healthy anemone? If it isn't in the garbage can yet it is healthy to them! It had completely explelled all of it's zooxanthelle and it's mouth was sitting wide open so it was far from from healthy. I was able to talk them down to $20. This is the same LFS that sold me my badly starved LTA as a BTA (it was in the process of consuming itself for energy due to light and food starvation under their NO lighting). Fortunately I have been able to turn that around and am hoping to do the same with the carpet anemone. Here are some before and after shots of the LTA. This is what it looked like when I got it from them (look how short it the tentacles were - pretty bad from for a LTA!)

attml

Here it is as of yesterday. Good Lighting,a mature tank and proper care will do wonders!!!

jugger

Originally posted by attml
"If it isn't in the garbage can yet it is healthy to them! "

LOL isnt that true
WOW congrads on the saved anemone turned out to be beautiful
looks like youv started your own Anemone Rescue....
the coolest thing about saving the bleached white ones is it will be a suprise what color they will turn out to be...

attml

Waterfaller,
Thank you very much! Each of my anemonies have their own system and own clowns. I have 3 anemones now- the new s.haddoni (carpet) which has my journeyman Tomato Clown protecting it from other fish currently (he is probably going to decide to make it his home) that is in my 30 gal holding tank temporarly. Eventually the carpet will be moving to my new 120 gal when it is mature enough and I plan on getting a mated pair of saddleback clowns to host in it (the Tomato will remain in another system). I have a E. Quadricolor (Rose) that has a mated a. percula & a. ocellaris pair living in it which is in my frag tank. And last but not least I have the m. Doreensis (LTA) that has a Gold Stripe Maroon hosting in it in my 55gal LPS & Soft tank. I agree with you 100% on the 1 per system rule! multiple clown/anemones in the same system is just asking for trouble!! It may not happen right away but one day you will come home from work and someone will be badly beaten up or dead due to a turf war!!
Jugger,
Thank you very much! Not to sound like too much of a tree hugger (not that there's anything wrong with that!). It is a great feeling when you can bring something back to life that probably wouldn't have a chance otherwise! Seeing them sick it is sad to think that anemones can live for for several hundred years in the wild! I just hope I can turn this one around too!!
Mark

mep

i just got the same frag about a month ago - mine is still brown(tips are purple) but hoping to color up purple fully
saw web page where it's called the fugi purple monster