New Superman Monti!!

viper_930

Originally Posted by rabid frog
I can guarantee you it is a Ture superman Monti. It came from the Dr.s Aquacultured site.
I think TX means the superman monti traceable to John Susbilla (Tubs). Any red polyp/blue base encrusting monti is called a superman, but the Tubs version is the original and has the best coloration I've seen in a superman. Yours looks awsome nonetheless!

rabid frog

I do not think mine traceable to tubbs, as it was maricultured. So it may not be "the" true superman monti.
But as you said looks good nonetheless.
Viper, or anyone else do you happen to know where one might look for a Orenji Danae? I am very interested in those as well.
Shoot me a email if you can- *Link Removed*

viper_930

I'm sorry rabid but I must remove your email as posting it to acquire links is against forum rules.
The orenji is only available from one source at the moment, unless you get one from someone else who got it from that source. Since you know the coral's name, I have a feeling you already know the site I'm talking about. :)

reefforbrains

Frog- your killin me!!!!, Im supposed to be THINNING the reef but I keep seeing more stuff. Please tell me you broke off a 1/4 inch peice when you were acclimating and your kicking the idea around about shipping it to the NV desert. LOL

rabid frog

Hmm srry Viper I thought we were allowed to post email adresses. I dont know the site, but I will dig deeper I suppose.
ReefForBrains- Sorry I did not frag it yet, But Im sure some will come once it establishes itself in my tank.

reefforbrains

ReefForBrains- I will be happy to frag it for you once its in my tank for a few months and has time to grow. I have your email so I will make sure to let you know.

Thanks frog, Knew I could count on ya...........LOL just kidding. but please do keep me on your radar for it if you ever do decide to frag it.

rabid frog

I dunno if it is a true superman monti or not though. I guess I have to go dig up some kryptonite and expose it to some. :jumping:

Well I would be happy with it. I am on a kick for new bright colors. You can use it over on Reefs trade if you like I thing we will all be happy to get it...lol! I would love to order some very nice things with lots of color but I am so scared of getting riped with something that dies or is not true colored???? I loved the color in those zoos you sent me.. Thinks again!!!

tx reef

I can guarantee you it is a Ture superman Monti. It came from the Dr.s Aquacultured site.
The frag is only 2"x 3" approx.
I wasn't trying to be rude...a lot of encrusting montis are called supermans and the majority are not the "original" true superman.
The colors of the true superman are much more intense. I will get a pic up of mine. I got it in a trade with Viper and it is my favorite piece in my tank.
Another one of my favorites is the Atlantis Pink Polyp Monti cap (also thanks to Viper) and my Pokerstar monti (also known as a Supergirl monti).

rabid frog

Tx- I am intersted in seeing your Poker Star as well, I am looking at ordering a piece next week and want to see how yours compares.
The Colors on the Superman that I got are pretty intense, I am just not a good photographer and I think that has more to do with it than anything. I am trying to figure out white balance issues, my tank is too blue for my camera.
Do post some pictures I always like a good comparrison.