New Tank in Progress Day 1

mikeyjer

Here's my new Oceanic 90G Bowfront Reef Ready with 30G Sump/fuge running progress in Day 1!!! :happyfish

dmjordan

I really like bowfront tanksand a 90 gal one is a good size. I only have a 55 gal for now.
Not sure I would keep the bio wheel though.

reefrobert

Nice tank
,I use a mag-float to clean the front of my tank to. Herd that after a few years that they can leak in your tank, I am going to change mine every year or so.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by dmjordan
I really like bowfront tanksand a 90 gal one is a good size. I only have a 55 gal for now.
Not sure I would keep the bio wheel though.
The bio-wheel is just there temporarily for clearing up the water. The light will be off that tank too once the new custom made canopy and MH retrofit kits are here. It will take'em a month to make the canopy hopefully will be here by sometime next month, the lights would be here next week. Then after those are paid for which shouldn't be long, we'll put in a canister filter so I can run carbon. Then a new skimmer. :happyfish

reefrobert

water looks clear now! Hey, how do you like that mega flow in your tank? It pulls the water in from the bottom, middle, and top! The reason I asked is that I am putting together a 90 gal reef tank with a mega flow system in it too!

fraggle_a

Wow. Nice start.
Im with Alyssia, one day Ill have a bigger tank.
(iv got my sights set on a 150Gallon)
Right now, Im running a 40G.

jakebtc

hey reefrobert, magi float leak what?? air I hope.
I've had mine for a while and never heard of any leaking
I'm a lil concerned now

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by ReefRobert
water looks clear now! Hey, how do you like that mega flow in your tank? It pulls the water in from the bottom, middle, and top! The reason I asked is that I am putting together a 90 gal reef tank with a mega flow system in it too!
Yes I like it very much!!! It's very nice! :happyfish

fanker

nice. i like the maga flow, i wanted that on my 55g but i got just the corner. what lights are on it now?

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by ReefRobert
How do you plain to cycle your tank? Put in live rock?
I'm ghost feeding it for now, but am planning to put in LR sometime soon. :happyfish

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by fanker
nice. i like the maga flow, i wanted that on my 55g but i got just the corner. what lights are on it now?
I just have a T-5 on it for now. I had to custom made a canopy for my tank, it won't be here til later next month. I'm getting my new lights tomorrow, 2-250MH retrofit with ARO Electronic Ballast and 20k XM's. :happyfish