New Tank or..........

treybomb

OK well my two favorite teams, the astros and the whit sox, are heading towards the wordl series
... my b-day was a couple days ago and i got enough money to buy a new big tank, but if my two teams make it to the series i would really like to get a ticket (no matter how bad they are) so what should i do? after you vote.. post on here what and why you chose what!
this might just be a crazy idea but this could be a once in a lifetime experience
thanks
trey

treybomb

ok thats cool!! since neither team is set in the wolrd series(could happen tonight!!) i have no idea what the prices are... if they are ourageous,, hello new tank!

treybomb

Originally Posted by pbienkiewi
seeing that the White Sox nocked off my Home team, I would get the new tank.
haha yeah!
jk
go white sox and astros

fedukeford

i voted tank b/c you can just watch the game on TV and it wont be as cold lol...... wut size tank might u get?

aquapro_1

Did I hear birthday? That is your cue to be hinting to your "Friends" to get YOU a ticket!! Your money by should be for the fish tank. I don't know how attatched to the fish you are, but they are my kids. :happyfish

treybomb

it was my b-day... im 15 so my friends dont have the money
i was thinking if i get the ticket i could hope,beg, and pray that my parents would get me a tank for xmas

beth

Administrator
Staff member
A tank , and the exp you gain from having one, will last forever; and game you can watch on TV and you'll forget about it by next yr.
I am obviously not in to ball games either.

aquapro_1

Honestly being 15.. go to the game. A tank is too mature for you. The responsibility will be enormous. What happens when you go to college? Enjoy your childhood!! Once you take the respons. as an adult...it only gets worse. Compounds daily!! Have fun & enjoy!!
Sorry guys! But this ones a baby!! Needs to enjoy life! :cheer:

1journeyman

Originally Posted by aquapro_1
Honestly being 15.. go to the game. A tank is too mature for you. The responsibility will be enormous. What happens when you go to college? Enjoy your childhood!! Once you take the respons. as an adult...it only gets worse. Compounds daily!! Have fun & enjoy!!
Sorry guys! But this ones a baby!! Needs to enjoy life! :cheer:
WHAT THE HECK!!!
"A tank is too mature for you?" "Needs to enjoy life", etc..
First off, why can't you "enjoy" life and have a tank? We all need a hobby...
Secondly, we NEED 15 year olds interested in the hobby. I set my tank up in my office just so that teens would see it and get interested. Conservation and knowledge need to be taught to the young, not kept from them.
I voted tank. A ball game would be fun and a great exp. but a well maintained tank could provide a lifetime of education.

aquapro_1

Not every 15 y/o has endless money to invest. Ask anyone is a fish store...SALTWATER IS NEVER CHEAP!! He can buy a goldfish & get the same experience w/o the hassle. Lets get real... You sound impusive. Meaning you'd buy the puppy & forget it needs attention through the night & all day. 24/7. Not to mention vet bills and shot aren't cheap. Again, college...I don't see that tank following him to a dorm...DO YOU!!!? I refuse to encourage something if the ultimate sacrefice is the one BEING owned....Not a right to life...pro choice. Meaning decide for the future not hear & now. Look up & read his notes. His friends have no money to even get him tickets...He only has enough for a tank. Ok, so he buys a tank. He never said anything out the equiptment or fish......How eduscational is an empty fish tank????

1journeyman

Originally Posted by aquapro_1
Not every 15 y/o has endless money to invest. Ask anyone is a fish store...SALTWATER IS NEVER CHEAP!! He can buy a goldfish & get the same experience w/o the hassle. Lets get real... You sound impusive. Meaning you'd buy the puppy & forget it needs attention through the night & all day. 24/7. Not to mention vet bills and shot aren't cheap. Again, college...I don't see that tank following him to a dorm...DO YOU!!!? I refuse to encourage something if the ultimate sacrefice is the one BEING owned....Not a right to life...pro choice. Meaning decide for the future not hear & now. Look up & read his notes. His friends have no money to even get him tickets...He only has enough for a tank. Ok, so he buys a tank. He never said anything out the equiptment or fish......How eduscational is an empty fish tank????
:notsure: Impulsive? Not at all (you admitted on another thread that you "might have gotten things mixed up" because of an impulsive post). Not sure how you read that into any of my posts. My chosen career, hobbies, etc. all require tremendous patience actually.
No idea how buying a puppy got into the discussion but to accuse someone of impulsively buying pets... odd.
You cannot get the same experience from a goldfish, although I'm sure you CAN learn lessons from raising them.
The question asked was what should he spend money one. You said "Honestly being 15.. go to the game. A tank is too mature for you". That's an outrageous statement. Not all 15 year olds eventually go off to college. Not all go to college. Family can certainly take an interest, etc... Is your point that no one should ever set up a saltwater tank until they live at a place that they are sure they will never move away from?
A reef tank is very expensive. A FO tank doesn't have to be.
You ask how educational an empty tank can be... have you ever cycled uncured live rock? It's very educational.
Money is an issue... so maybe a 15 year old can actually fall in love with their hobby and get a job to support it (as opposed to spending it on a $5000 stereo system for their car, etc.)
Again, not trying to be combative, but you can't, in good faith, tell someone "a tank is too mature for you"