New Tank Pics Since The Move

T

timer

Excellent growth on your corals. WoW ! That looks so cool. I can't wait for mine to get like that.

promisetbg

Hi Lisa, thanks again everyone for the nice comments. Costa13, yes..they are a pair. That was taken just as the lights had gone off. I snapped them back on for the pics, so the mandarins were doing their night swim and hunt ritual. Elbob, most of the hard corals were tiny frags when I got them..an inch or two. When I started paying attention to magnesium, they really took off. Bruder & ReeFreak, thanks on the nano. That nano does'nt stop amazing me..it is just standard 2 X 24 wt power compacts that come with the tank. The only thing I do is change them once a year. The things I modified about it were the pump..I replaced it with a 900 maxi-jet. I bought the skimmer mod, after I thought my little cassette mod looked a bit cheesy. There is nothing kept in the back chambers except a small piece of Pura-pad which gets rinsed daily, and a heater. It gets topped off every day, and water changes are performed weekly with Tropic Marin Pro. In fact it is due for bulbs, I am getting them at the end of the month.

taznut

you suck, i cant get one reef going very well and you have a huge one and nice little nano... congrats on the engagement...

qbnfreek

Congrats on your future wedding!! Your tanks are awsome! Just like starting a reef tank, a marriage takes a lot of patients to get things right, but one you got it running the beauty you can add to it is endless! Best Wishes!!! - Qbnfreek Los Angeles,CA

promisetbg

Originally Posted by taznut
you suck, i cant get one reef going very well and you have a huge one and nice little nano... congrats on the engagement...
Well..thank you!

I am happy to announce
my purple goniopora FINALLY decided to come out & is coloring back up nicely..YAY. Thanks everyone for the well wishes & nice compliments.

Cool little flamehead goby

psusocr1

hey what kind of bulbs are you burnign on your 90 gallon? they look like 20K halide? or are you using lower K halides with strong actinic ??
looks great by thwe way!

promisetbg

Thanks Scuba Guy & psusocr1. The lighting is 2 X 250 wt 10 K Ushio Metal halides & 4 X 110 URI super actinic VHO's.

promisetbg

Thanks Kevin. You know, that's a good question. I have no clue anymore..LOL. At one time the old 75 had so much rock it had the 'wall of rock' look. I did'nt like it after awhile and took some out..it also had a bunch of rocks absolutely covered w/ GSP, and they have all been removed. Then, I had a 65 that I sold, and it had some great Tonga slab rock, which is practically impossible to find, so I kept them and added them in after the move. There is also a 29 gal refugium attached, that has approx. 30 Lbs as well. I would say about 125 Lbs in the main tank, but that's just a guess. Here is the refugium

saltn00b

good job on the move and upgrade! just moved my 150, so i know its not fun.
all this time i thought you were a guy ! lol grats.

promisetbg

Originally Posted by saltn00b
all this time i thought you were a guy ! lol grats.
LOL..thanks so much. Yes, I stressed about this move like nothing I had ever felt. I dreaded it when we were in the apt., because I knew the day would eventually come. It really went pretty well, and I am so relieved, some have not been so fortunate. It breaks my heart when I get a call from someone who's tank is crashing, or read about people who lost everything..that has to hurt. I am very passionate about this hobby, and all my pets really. And yes, I am a woman. :cheer:

psusocr1

hey what kind of bulbs are you burnign on your 90 gallon? they look like 20K halide? or are you using lower K halides with strong actinic ??
looks great by thwe way!