New Tank Pics Since The Move

bill109

Originally Posted by promisetbg
Thanks Scuba Guy & psusocr1. The lighting is 2 X 250 wt 10 K Ushio Metal halides & 4 X 110 URI super actinic VHO's.
how about an estimate on tht lighting setup you have there.. how mouch you think it costs to put tht exact setup together(lights only lol)
id you buy all the lights new?
i have a 90 as well nd yours looks like ... well 100000000x better then mine :cheer:

murph145

very nice glad to see some pics of ur tank and how the transfer went!
everything is lookin awesome and congrats on the ring!

reeferdave

congratts... i hate moving my tanks more than furnature or anything. my last move i lost a pigmy angel and a yellow watchman.

psusocr1

thanks for the answering im burnign the same 10K ushio's and 4 uri actinics as well.. what a coincidence
the reason i ask is because with the 10K ushio's is seems liek they sometimes drown my actinics out during the day giving them a less blue look in my tank.. this doesnt seem like it does with yours??
the only difference is that my tank is 6 feet long

promisetbg

Bill,I know the lighting cost about a grand, and yes it was new but not what we origionally started with. There is a stockpile of lighting we tried before getting this combo. We love the lights, and the corals do awesome with them. We got everything from Champion Lighting & Supply. Psusocr1, ballasts make a difference on the lighting also. The halides are running on Blueline E-ballasts, and the VHO's are running on an Icecap 660. Another thing about this tank is the pumps, we researched alot before deciding on these pumps for their efficiency. They only draw 40 watts...they are Blueline also. Compare to most any pump that is equivelent, most draw at least 90 wts. There are 3 X 800 GPH. Thanks again everyone for the well wishes and kind words.

psusocr1

just read up in the thread she posted it already...im running a PFO for my halides which arent the problem since theyd o burn awesoe but i also have the icecap 660 and im just not happy with the burn on my actinics but maybe i just need a new ballast.. my bulkbs are brand new ( just got them two days ago) so i know its not them..