New

saltcreaper

Just wanted to say hi this is my first official post here. Or on any fish/coral site. Ive been lurking for a few years and found tons of useful info, I'm about in my forth year in the hobby and still being humbled all time by the very nature of this hobby, simply said it is allot of fun. I love DIY projects and have learned so much people often ask me to speak in laymen terms so i must be doing something right. I came from reptiles but found i had a much higher rate of testing positive for salmonella so i gave in and tried something different and here we are except now Ive got to be careful of toxic spines and polyps that can kill a man if in jested i suppose! Well i now wear gloves after my finger tips have calluses from worm stings. But i have questions yet un answered so here i go...

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltcreaper http:///t/388183/new#post_3421607
Just wanted to say hi this is my first official post here. Or on any fish/coral site. Ive been lurking for a few years and found tons of useful info, I'm about in my forth year in the hobby and still being humbled all time by the very nature of this hobby, simply said it is allot of fun. I love DIY projects and have learned so much people often ask me to speak in laymen terms so i must be doing something right. I came from reptiles but found i had a much higher rate of testing positive for salmonella so i gave in and tried something different and here we are except now Ive got to be careful of toxic spines and polyps that can kill a man if in jested i suppose! Well i now wear gloves after my finger tips have calluses from worm stings. But i have questions yet un answered so here i go...

Welome, there is a buttload if informative folks on this site. Ask away!

slice

Welcome to the site!
Please give us the specs on your system, inhabitants and such.
And of course, we love pictures!

florida joe

interesting very interesting
Quote:
I came from reptiles but found i had a much higher rate of testing positive for salmonella so i gave in and tried something different and here we are except now Ive got to be careful of toxic spines

saltcreaper

I have kinda a mess going on here. We moved my wife and i to Chicago from MN about 4 months ago and i lost allot during the move and kinda had to start from scratch except my rock i think survived. I have a 40 breeder frag setup and a 75 with mostly live rock and a few damsels and a kole tang just so theres some fish in there before i moved i had a 60 gallon with alot of soft or leather, mushrooms and buttons i also had at least 4 different types of bugs or pods and that took along time to get to thew point i could see then everywhere so alot of that froze on the way and when we got here i was to pooped to jump right into setting ip stuff. first found ***** then from there found 2 other places i like to shop at for stuff so for know i have basically enough stuff for a big nice DT but am taking my time i have the 40 the 75 and a 14 bio cube in the kitchen im breaking down and also have a 5 1/2 gallon and a 2 gallon in the kitchen as well.

saltcreaper

Thats funny, simply said i got salmonella like 4-5 times and was hospitalized 2 times for it and it always came back to the hobby so the state gave me some test viles and i sent in there crap and turned out all my cages had it and 2 had several types of it so i gave up all in one day we went on a long drive and placed everything a Beared dragon a Vailed chamelion and about 7 snakes i think. Havent had it since and that was about 5 years ago.......

meowzer

OK...LOL...the salmonella came from your reptiles......
re-read your post.....it says" I came from reptiles" BAHAHAHA....

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltcreaper http:///t/388183/new#post_3421607

Hey! Welcome to the site!!! I'm interested in seeing your tanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///t/388183/new#post_3422195
OK...LOL...the salmonella came from your reptiles......
re-read your post.....it says" I came from reptiles" BAHAHAHA....
That made me LOL!!!

snakeblitz33

I kinda feel honored... his second post ever was in my "Some of my old tanks" thread. lol
I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your obsessions. :D Maybe some cool reptile pics too.
I was really big into snakes for the longest time until I got interested in saltwater aquaria... and my wife. lol. My (girlfriend at the time) wife doesn't like snakes at all! So, I chose aquaria and her instead. I guess it all worked out. lol

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/388183/new#post_3422251
I kinda feel honored... his second post ever was in my "Some of my old tanks" thread. lol
I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your obsessions. :D Maybe some cool reptile pics too.
I was really big into snakes for the longest time until I got interested in saltwater aquaria... and my wife. lol. My (girlfriend at the time) wife doesn't like snakes at all! So, I chose aquaria and her instead. I guess it all worked out. lol
LOl...I have been looking at iguanas, or Geckos....BUT everytime I do....I think to myself
STOP YOU FOOL.
Aren't you strapped to that house ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!