Newest fish for the mods

al mc

You are always listening to us about our fish and our problems. So moderators, I have a couple questions for you that may be of interest and be educating for all of us.....
What is the most recent fish you added to your tank?
Did you get it on line or at a LFS?
Did you quarantine it, and if so, for how long?
Did it have any problems that you had to treat? If so, what treatment and were you successful?
Thanks, Al
I am not a 'mod' but will start:
About 8 weeks ago I added a spotted jawfish from an online store. I quarantined it for a total of 5 weeks and while seeing no problems, still used
hyposalinity during the quarantine, as I have established as a protocol to try to keep Ich out of my system. He is doing well in the DT now.

bang guy

The last fish I added was 4 years ago I added a Lawnmower Blenny.
It was shipped from saltwaterfish.com.
It was quaranteened for 4 weeks.
No problems were detected.

deejeff442

how can one become a mod?
do i get a nametag and beating stick?
bang,i did some work in warsaw years ago .
that town grow at all in the last 10 years.
ski country bet you got slammed with snow recently huh?
what ever happened to the american idol reject from there is he hiding out in some ski cabin planning to kill ryan seacrest?

bang guy

Originally Posted by deejeff442
http:///forum/post/2885956
how can one become a mod?
do i get a nametag and beating stick?
bang,i did some work in warsaw years ago .
that town grow at all in the last 10 years.
ski country bet you got slammed with snow recently huh?
what ever happened to the american idol reject from there is he hiding out in some ski cabin planning to kill ryan seacrest?

Of course Warsaw has grown in the past 10 years. There's probably 3 or 4 more people and 5 or 6 thousand more dairy cows since you were here last.
To become a MOD you must submit to a frontal lobodomy. You cannot have too much brain matter to start with or they won't be able to remove enough for you to achieve MOD status.

sepulatian

The last fish that I added was a Toby puffer. I bought him from a store in September. I have never bought a fish on line. I quarantined and treated him with hyposalinity for six weeks. He was a mean little guy so I ended up getting rid of him. Before that it was a Zebra lion fish. I don't remember the exact date that I got him. I would say probably eight months ago now. He was quarantined for four weeks. He never showed any signs of illness.
djeff, the beating stick is standard issue. Nothing fancy