NFL Divisional Playoffs...Who you like?

kjr_trig

I know some people picked in Rueban's Wk 18 thread....But another NFL thread can't be too much.
I'm in the minority, but in the AFC I'm predicting 2 comfortable wins by the home teams, I just think Indy and San Diego have too much fire power for Baltimore and the Jets. I like the home teams by double digits in both games.
Minnesota vs Dallas should be a good one. Unfortunately I like the Cowgirls in a close one. They are playing really well, particularly on D. I think Dallas is suseptable to a team with elite receivers (like AZ), they can still play a lot of man coverage against Minnesota....I will be rooting for Favre and the Viks, but picking the Cowgirls in a slight upset.
I shall again refrain from making a pick on the Saints/Cards game. I think New Orleans will pick up their play to the level they played most of the year at, and that stadium will be rocking. I suspect Coach Whiz will have a little "man to men" talk with the defense and we will hopefully see a little better showing this week.

aquaknight

Charger
Indy
I'm pretty confident both of them can get their jobs done. More worried about Indy facing the Ravens, then the Charges over the Jets.
Minnesota. Hoping the break has been time for this squad to regroup, get their head back on straight, like it was in the earlier part of the season.
Saints. Only because it's the obvious pick. Both NO/AZ have serious firepower.

browniebuck

Indy over Baltimore (I'm a Browns fan and I can't readily root for or pick the Raisins), Indy has TOO much offense and just enough defense. Look for Indy to get up and force Flacco to beat them, which I don't think that he can do. If Baltimore is able to run the ball, this could be a different story, but I look for Indy to gear up to stop the run.
San Diego over the J - e - t - s JETS JETS JETS. San Diego is the hottest team in football and they have an offense that is too balanced for the Jets. Again, if the Jets can establish the run, it could be a different story, but look for San Diego to force Mark Sanchez to beat them, which won't happen (especially with Braylon Edwards going out for and dropping passes).
I look for Dallas to beat Minnesota as the Cowboy defense is playing lights out right now. If Minnesota can establish the run, they have a chance...but Favre wants to throw the ball. If Tony Romo plays like he has been playing, this game won't be too close.
New Orleans over Arizona...but this game will without a doubt be the most entertaining game of the weekend...unless you like defense! New Orleans plays just enough defense to win this game as Arizona won't be able to get enough stops.
Dallas vs. New Orleans - New Orleans
Indy vs. San Diego - San Diego
New Orleans vs. San Diego - San Diego...LT gets a ring...even after his HORRIBLE music video!

J

jstdv8

AZ will blow out N.O. been saying it for weeks and weeks, that NO is the luckiest team in football.
Chargers easily over the jets.
Close game in indy. Like the saits im not sold on how good this team is, but I think they are good enough to beat Baltimore. the chargers will be next adn they won't be so lucky.
Minnesota playing at home on turf 8-0 could be close, could be a blow out.
Witten and Adams are false start prone which will play into the vikings hands in the loud dome. Since the 4tyh quarter of the bears game the vikings have been playing the best football of the season. If they can continue to open huge holes in the running game and get pressure on romo it will be a long day for the cowboys. If not, it will be close.
BTW, the vikings recievers are elite. Sidney Rice 1312 yards and 8 TD's 2nd in the NFC
Percy Harvin 790 and 6 TD's missed two games with migrains (also excelent special teams returner)
Min has 6 different recievers with 40 catches. they can spread it around better than anyone.
Maybe the true tale of the tape will be which TE has the better day.
Vikings over Cowboys 27-23

stdreb27

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3208596
I know some people picked in Rueban's Wk 18 thread....But another NFL thread can't be too much.
Ruben

Well, after much debate, and the realization that I haven't watch much of any AFC this year. I decided to pick teams based on what I'd like to happen as a cowboys fan.
I like the Chargers over the Jets, come on a month ago the Jets were falling apart. And well gotta pull for the offensive coordinator that perfected the triplets...
I like the Colts over the Ravens. I'd much rather see a one dimentional offense play the Cowboys than a real one like the Ravens have.
I like the AZ over the Saints. I think the Saints are the luckiest team in the NFL this year, not to take away from what they've accomplished. But they fool around too much. Like I've always held, a great come from behind quarterback, didn't take care of business the first 3 quarters.
And lastly, the game I think will be the funnest game of the week, (and not because I'm an unabashed Cowboys fan.) I view is as the handing over of the torch, the student vs the teacher. Between Romo and Farve (not that Romo can hold a candle to Farve) but Romo grew up watching him, he's got a similar style of wild play. Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor vs Marion Felix and Tashard. I seriously hope Elmer Fudd tells Farve hey call your game, you know more about this than I do. And they play, because if the Vikes play, and the Cowboys play it will be a glorious blood bath. Farve, unlike McWaab won't miss wide open recievers for Touchdowns. I think this is going to be one of those, lower scoring games, with lots of yardage and crazy defense. Several big plays, or imo the NFL at its best.

t316

Chargers
Colts
..........I don't see much going on in either of these games.
AZ

..........Could get interesting, but I agree with above poster that NO has just been lucky. I don't think they are as good as their ratings depict. If AZ found someone to play defense, they will take it.
Cowboys

..........note kjr, it's CowBOYS. Without a doubt, this will be the game of the week. Somebody's going home. Unless Favre gets a boost of steroids this week, he would have to pull off some magic (but then again, it's BF). Still, the Cowboys are strong right now and on a big momentum surge.
I did find out that the armory has a tv and cable so maybe I'll get to see some of the games when not on the slopes...

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/3209149
Chargers
Cowboys

..........note kjr, it's CowBOYS. Without a doubt, this will be the game of the week. Somebody's going home. Unless Favre gets a boost of steroids this week, he would have to pull off some magic (but then again, it's BF). Still, the Cowboys are strong right now and on a big momentum surge.
^
LOL, it's the game of the week for you and other Cowboy fans....I would think they are all pretty big games.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3209168
LOL, it's the game of the week for you and other Cowboy fans....I would think they are all pretty big games.
I think the most interesting games if I weren't a Cowboys fan.
1. Bal v. Ind
I think this is the possibility of the biggest upset.
2. Dal v. Min
as detailed before.
3. Az v. NO
I think this one is going to be sloppy.
4. NYJ v. SD
This one is imo the one that isn't as much in the air.

t316

Yes, they are all big games, and there is a lot on the line for all of them. Just saying that I think the Dallas/Vikes game has the most potential to get really wild. There could be really big plays on either side, big score, or little score if the D's shut each other down.
I don't see that potential as much in the other games.

kjr_trig

http:///forum/post/3209219
Yes, they are all big games, and there is a lot on the line for all of them. Just saying that I think the Dallas/Vikes game has the most potential to get really wild. There could be really big plays on either side, big score, or little score if the D's shut each other down.
I don't see that potential as much in the other games.
T, what exactly were you doing when AZ and GB played last week?
New Orleans = Green Bay pretty much. How can it get more wild than that?

J

jstdv8

whoever wins the Dallas Minn game IMO will liley be going to the superbowl.
Of course if its MN vs AZ then that might change :p

t316

http:///forum/post/3209254
T, what exactly were you doing when AZ and GB played last week?
New Orleans = Green Bay pretty much. How can it get more wild than that?
I was watching the game of course...that was the game of the month IMO. But I'm telling you, NO is not all what they are hyped up to be. They did good early on, but I didn't think they were all that talented then. I may be wrong about this game but I don't think AZ is going to have much trouble with them.

J

jstdv8

http:///forum/post/3209299
I was watching the game of course...that was the game of the month IMO. But I'm telling you, NO is not all what they are hyped up to be. They did good early on, but I didn't think they were all that talented then. I may be wrong about this game but I don't think AZ is going to have much trouble with them.
agreed!

crypt keeper

The Ravens are hot. I know they had the best first qtr anybody could dream of against the Pats last week but that defense is playing healthy and that is scary.
That being said Indy has a suspect run defense. With Bob Sanders out I expect Ray Rice and crew to have a field day. The Colts only beat them by 2 during the regular season. The Colts wont have played a full game in almost a month while the Ravens are hot.
I have the Ravens.
The Cards go can go toe to toe with anybody on offense but the Packers werent a elite team. They played a soft schedule and didnt really beat anybody. The Saints are playing like some poop. I know teams play down to their competition sometimes but they have been bad the past few weeks. I think now that everything is on the line you will see a new team.
I like the Saints.
The Jets and the Chargers I believe is the hardest game too pick. That jets D is good. Top 3 in the NFL. They dont allow many points. Sanchez will be playing where ist warm. I think they can win this game. It will come to Sanchez making no mistakes. He cant put his team in bad field position. If that happens I think they win. If not The chargers are game.
The Vikings played the Giants better than anybody did all year. They looked solid coming into the Playoffs. Dallas beat a Rival they own but couldnt beat the Giants. I think that game gives flase hope to the Boys fans. I like Favre and company in this one.