NFL Draft

kjr_trig

Tomorrow night...Who/what does your team need?
Cardinals need help on D, particularly in the secondary, could use a big time pass rusher though. Need to replace Karlos Dansby. Pretty set on offense other than a battle for the starting QB position between Leinart and Anderson.
Being from Seattle, I still root for the Hawks unless they play AZ, they need a lot, I personally hope they tank next season so they can get Jake Locker with the 1st pick overall next year.
They need a QB long term, and Bradford sure won't be on the board for them, and I'm not blown away by anyone else. This isn't really a great draft for QB's.
Big talk seems to be where Tebow will get taken, my prediction is mid 2nd round.

scottnlisa

Somebody might be getting Big Ben of the Steelers. Talk is they might trade him. Problably go to the Raiders since the Raiders love players with criminal records.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by scottnlisa
http:///forum/post/3261781
Somebody might be getting Big Ben of the Steelers. Talk is they might trade him. Problably go to the Raiders since the Raiders love players with criminal records.

I would be very happy seeing Big Ben a Raider, they deserve each other.

reefraff

I'd take Ben, hell I'd take anyone other than that SEC flop that's starting for the Raiders now.

ibanez

Tebow will probably go to jacksonville, Steelers acquired Leftwich again so they probably plan on keeping big ben or starting dixon. Are you talking about mcnabb he went to redskins.

reefraff

Originally Posted by IbanEz
http:///forum/post/3261824
Tebow will probably go to jacksonville, Steelers acquired Leftwich again so they probably plan on keeping big ben or starting dixon. Are you talking about mcnabb he went to redskins.
Skins, thats right. Tebow might actually be a heck of a duo playing with someone like Nabby

t316

For the Panthers, top priority IMO is a defensive end. With the loss of Julius Peppers to free agency, there is a big gap here.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3261814
I assume your joking? I'm pretty sure the Jets are happy enough with what they have at QB.
100% serious. Its obviously not for the full time QB gig. The Jets veteran FB is leaving, and I can see Tebow being a nice distraction for the defense, and also punching a nice hole for LT.
Of course all this is solely based on the Jets 'history' of draft choices

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3261853
100% serious. Its obviously not for the full time QB gig. The Jets veteran FB is leaving, and I can see Tebow being a nice distraction for the defense, and also punching a nice hole for LT.
Of course all this is solely based on the Jets 'history' of draft choices

I think Tebow wants to play QB. The Jets are an elite team, I think they will look for players that can help immediately.

crypt keeper

why call him McDrabb? You sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. Lets see playoffs many years 5 NFC Championship games and 1 super bowl. what has your team? dont tell me you are a steelers pats fan.
Tebow is going to be a good NFL player. Ignore the 3 bcs bowl wins and 2 national championships and a heisman because he throws funny.
I find it Funny taylor Mays got ignored by his own college coach while they took another player at the same position.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3262540
why call him McDrabb? You sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. Lets see playoffs many years 5 NFC Championship games and 1 super bowl. what has your team? dont tell me you are a steelers pats fan.
Tebow is going to be a good NFL player. Ignore the 3 bcs bowl wins and 2 national championships and a heisman because he throws funny.
I find it Funny taylor Mays got ignored by his own college coach while they took another player at the same position.
McWaab is another subpar quarter back, who just can't win the big game... You should rephrase that, 4 NFC Championship losses and a Superbowl choke... Even though Andy Reid wanted McWaab's love child, he still traded him (as sabotage) to a huge rival... Because he's gonna suck that bad...
-Completely unbiased cowboys fan.

reefraff

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3262540
All that other talent around Donacant meant nothing? That dude was so overhyped it isn't even funny. He's a good QB but not an elite to be sure. His flops in big games show that.
Tebow is far from a sure thing to play QB in the NFL, because he throws funny. There have been plenty of great college QB's who couldn't make the transistion. I have no clue what the broncos plan is for the guy but they now have him and Brady Quinn. Perhaps a 2 QB system like Florida ran when Tebow first came in. Could be interesting.
As far as Taylor Mays there was a better player available. Carrol showed what made him such a good coach by passing on him. Time will tell if it was a smart move.

crypt keeper

What talent around him? A midget Running back. No big time Wr except with Owens for 1 year. No power house running game. Come on. Im a Redskins fan and hated him at Philly. I embrace him now. You cant name his 3wrs during his runs in the Championship games can you? Nope. Cant do it. Not off the top of your head. Oh they lost to the Pats in the super bowl. Something many people have done.
The Broncos had many choices in the Draft. lets not act like they wasted a pick. They traded down got a 1st round pick. Then traded back up and picked up Tebow. He was almost a free round 1 Choice with the handful of 2s they had to spare. I pray to god tebow becomes and elite QB and everybody looks stupid.

reefraff

Yeah, Westrbrook is a crappy back. Last couple years the Eagles have produced some good young receivers, I had a couple of them on my fantasy teams.
As far as Tebow his mechanics are so far off for the NFL I don't think he will ever be an elite QB but you never know. Vince Young is coming around finally. I think using Tebow as a tight end who you can use to throw on trick plays would be interesting. He's a good blocker with speed. I just don't think I would have used a first round on him.

bionicarm

Denver could always use Tebow as trade bait down the road. If he doesn't fit into their program the first couple years, dump him for first round picks in next year's draft.

reefraff

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3262993
Denver could always use Tebow as trade bait down the road. If he doesn't fit into their program the first couple years, dump him for first round picks in next year's draft.
Hard to say. If he was developing enough to be worth a trade he would be worth keeping unless Quinn really comes along.