NFL PLAYOFFS: Go Ravens!!!

scubadoo

Romo should have thrown 35-40 passes against that patched up secondary.
I thought Holmgren had a good gameplan. He did not blitz much and dropped 7-8 in coverage. There still should have been holes to throw in. A good solid veteran QB would have ripped that secondary to pieces even with 29 throws.
The teams were about even on paper...the coaching was the difference. Holmgren had a solid game plan on defense given that patch work secondary.
I was amazed he kept the game that close.
The Dallas offense only put 13 points on the board....and handed 2 to Seattle for a +11 net.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Oceanists
I agree I now see that Sean was obviously under Parcells control and gotta hand it to him. Parcells was good in the 80, 90s but will not match up with the new era , if he continues to coach he will continue to be dissapointed untill he learns to be a better game day coach.
I would like to see the cowboys take a chance on Mora. Mora coached a good game against the cowboys.
You don't want Mora. he was a HORRIBLE secondary coach for years with the Saints..and even gave us the one finger salute after one game when leaving the field.
Any head coach that tries to run a COllege offensive scheme in the Pros is having issues with reality.

ruaround

Bobby Petrino (Louisville) was named the Falcons head coach last night... 5 yrs $24 million... i wonder what will happen to Vick... perhaps he will be trade bait... Schaub would fit his scheme much better...

scubadoo

Originally Posted by ruaround
Bobby Petrino (Louisville) was named the Falcons head coach last night... 5 yrs $24 million... i wonder what will happen to Vick... perhaps he will be trade bait... Schaub would fit his scheme much better...
Schaub is a free agent this year. I suspect they will keep Vick. I still think with a solid QB coach Vick will do well. he also needs some folks that can run good patterns and catch. Vick is inaccurate...but I believe coaching can correct his problems.

scubadoo

Interesting stat
Forecast: Recent playoff history favors Saints, Bears
10:29 AM CST on Monday, January 8, 2007
Ralph Malbrough / Contributing Writer
I want to give you a stat that I dug up because I have feeling you might be hearing about it a lot this week.
The statistic got me really excited and really nervous all at the same time.
In the Divisional Round of the NFC playoffs the home team is 29-3 since 1990.
If you want to get even more specific, home teams not named the Chicago Bears are 29-1.
Think about that.
Only three times in 16 years has an NFC team won a road game the second week of the playoffs.

ackermsb

Well I believe its gonna be 29-2 on Sunday cause the Bears are not very good. Neither are the Seahawks but the Bears offense is terrible. if there D doesnt score there done!!!
And as a Baltimorian all my life I can not wait for the Colts to come to town and hopefully kick the crap out of them. hopefully the Irsays will be on the sidelines at some point and get leveled by an outta bounds play!!!
And one more thing ... Take the GREAT Jonny Unitas and Lenny Moore and the BALTIMORE COLTS LEGENDS out of your damn media guide an Indy. Its a disgrace!!!
If you couldn't tell there is a lot of pent up aggression in Baltimore which is all coming out this week as hatred towards Indy. The 40+ crowd has never been so boisterous on talk radio in 20+ years. Yea this is Ravens town now but we'll never stop wanting to stick it to the Irsays. At least when we got our team we didnt want the colors or the history or anything else that came with it. Im going to the game Satruday and IM gonna yell my face off!!! I can't wait!!! GO RAVENS!!!!
Long live McNair

tx reef

Originally Posted by ackermsb
Well I believe its gonna be 29-2 on Sunday cause the Bears are not very good. Neither are the Seahawks but the Bears offense is terrible. if there D doesnt score there done!!!
And as a Baltimorian all my life I can not wait for the Colts to come to town and hopefully kick the crap out of them. hopefully the Irsays will be on the sidelines at some point and get leveled by an outta bounds play!!!
And one more thing ... Take the GREAT Jonny Unitas and Lenny Moore and the BALTIMORE COLTS LEGENDS out of your damn media guide an Indy. Its a disgrace!!!
If you couldn't tell there is a lot of pent up aggression in Baltimore which is all coming out this week as hatred towards Indy. The 40+ crowd has never been so boisterous on talk radio in 20+ years. Yea this is Ravens town now but we'll never stop wanting to stick it to the Irsays. At least when we got our team we didnt want the colors or the history or anything else that came with it. Im going to the game Satruday and IM gonna yell my face off!!! I can't wait!!! GO RAVENS!!!!
Long live McNair

whitey

Well I believe its gonna be 29-2 on Sunday cause the Bears are not very good.
Neither are the Seahawks but the Bears offense is terrible. if there D doesnt score there done!!!

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on the internet.

ackermsb

Im not talking about the score, Im talking about the POST ABOVE that says the NFC record in divisional home games is 29-3 or something like that. And whats stupid about. R u gonna tell me the bears offense is any good!!! That Rex Grossman is being treated unfairly. Are you gonna tell me the Seahawks are awesome!!!

ruaround

the stats belong to the franchise... not the city... Unitas and Moore were never Ravens...

pogi pants

Go Chargers!!!!
They're taking it all the way this year. I believe they're going to be beating the saints in the super bowl

ackermsb

Bull crap. They played in Baltimore. There heart and soul is in Baltimore. They don't give a crap about Indy I can tell you that. You think they want to be in there media guide. Ha!!! Im sure Unitas rolls over in his grave every time that thing gets printed. There stars in Baltimore and embraced here to this day. Why would you want another cities accomplishments?

tx reef

An NFL player does not work/play for the city...they work/play for the organization.
Unitas played ball for the Colts, not the city of Baltimore.

ruaround

Bull crap. They played in Baltimore. There heart and soul is in Baltimore. They don't give a crap about Indy I can tell you that. You think they want to be in there media guide. Ha!!! Im sure Unitas rolls over in his grave every time that thing gets printed. There stars in Baltimore and embraced here to this day. Why would you want another cities accomplishments?
did you not read my post??? i said they played for the Colts... which is a franchise... should every person from dallas be mad at the cheifs??? how about every person from either dalls or KC be mad about Houstons mascot??? what about every person in St. Louis angry at the entire state of Arizona, then just the city of Phoenix??? what about LA mad at St. Louis??? Oakland mad at LA and then LA mad at Oakland??? the list goes on and on???
BUT HERE IS THE KICKER... how about the city of Cleveland mad at Baltimore...
each team is a franchise... and could move under certain circumstances... load everything up into Mayflowers and move away... take all the history with them...

ackermsb

Originally Posted by ruaround
did you not read my post??? i said they played for the Colts... which is a franchise... should every person from dallas be mad at the cheifs??? how about every person from either dalls or KC be mad about Houstons mascot??? what about every person in St. Louis angry at the entire state of Arizona, then just the city of Phoenix??? what about LA mad at St. Louis??? Oakland mad at LA and then LA mad at Oakland??? the list goes on and on???
BUT HERE IS THE KICKER... how about the city of Cleveland mad at Baltimore...
each team is a franchise... and could move under certain circumstances... load everything up into Mayflowers and move away... take all the history with them...
We had enough pride where we didnt want anything to do with the Browns. We didn't want there colors, there records or anything, just a team. We let them keep everything. Thats how it should be. They had a team 3 years later. We waited 13 years.
I understand your point of a player belonging to a franchise however, when your an icon in a city and you have 30 years of history in that city, and your in the hall of fame as an Indianapolis Colt when youve never even stepped foot in that city, thats messed up. The old Colts from here are livid that there even associated with Indy and I can understand that. Why the hell would we want records from a team beloved by another city. Its retarted!!!
One aspect is a corporation, the other is common sense. I just dont see who would want something in there town that they didnt ear. Indy didnt live through those memorys and earn them and go cheer for them every week. Frankly, i'd be embarrased if we were the Baltimore Brows with there records in our media guide. That would totally blow!!!

scubadoo

Franchise W-L records an individual player achievements remian with the franchise .
Your point does make sense from some "loyalty" non-football view, but not from the nfl point of view. THey will appear as players for the Colts and will reamin as Indy...or any other city the team/franchise moves too.
I guess if Baltimore never got another team Unitas records would be affiliated with the NFL Purgatory team. Makes no sense.