Nfl Playoffs

dvst8r

well guys just for fun and maybe 1 million inaginary dollars whose gonna win the playoff game this weekend
jacksonville vs new england at new england
ny giants vs carolina panthers at ny
pittsburgh steelers vs cincinnatti bengals at cinn
tampabay vs washington at tampa bay
i'll go first
new england
pittsburgh
giants
washington
:joy:
so if you havea personnal bookie look no furthercause here areyour winners
oh by the way
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

cartman101

new england..... YEAH BABY! They will win the super bowl!!
giants
pitsburgh
tampa bay (my second favorite team!!)

scubadoo

Originally Posted by jcrim
No way washington beats tampa in tampa.

Chris SImms will have to throw in the clutch and he will choke. Washington is beat up so it should be a close game. In the end one big interception, fumble, or mistke by Simms will sink the Bucs boat.

scubadoo

here was my prediction in late June. THis is before SI predicted Carolina will win the Superbowl. As long as Carolina wins I'm still on track for the two teams that will make it to the final show..
06-21-2005, 05:20 AM
ScubaDoo
Geaux NO Saints
I neglected to answer the original q...Super Bowl prediction for the upcoming season.
From the AFC...Indianapolis.....Peyton Manning will be sent to a shrink. He will be convinced that New England is not the Florida Gators in disguise so he will finally beat them in the AFC championship game.
The NFC is tougher...Philly will probably return closer to the pack given the disruptive offseason negative influence of good ole TO. I see the NFC representative coming out of the NFC south....either Atlanta or Carolina Since I have to select one I predict Carolina will make it from the NFC. Indy willl win the Super Bowl.

scubadoo

I rest my case...

Held Over: Ranking the playoff teams
NFC Playoff Contenders
Associated Press / Chris O'Meara
Note to Phil Simms: Chris is just okay at this point. He's not a gamebreaker just yet. Please don't yell at me.
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Maybe it’s just me, but has anyone else noticed that commentators seem to have eased up on criticizing Chris Simms ever since papa Phil went after Steve Young for questioning Chris’ mental toughness? In fact, you’re more likely to hear guys praising the kid’s mental toughness than anything else.
Look, I think Chris Simms has served his team well, much the same way Rex Grossman helps the Bears. But do I believe that Simms can win a game on his own, with the Redskins defense (9th overall in total yards allowed; 9th overall in points allowed) coming to town? Not a chance.

dueces

Just saw this post and want to give props to my PATS. They will win the superbowl. Brady performs best in the postseason. Just the thought that no one is giving them a chance is perfect. Everyone is healthy and they are peeking at the right time........

dvst8r

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
here was my prediction in late June. THis is before SI predicted Carolina will win the Superbowl. As long as Carolina wins I'm still on track for the two teams that will make it to the final show..
06-21-2005, 05:20 AM
ScubaDoo
Geaux NO Saints
I neglected to answer the original q...Super Bowl prediction for the upcoming season.
From the AFC...Indianapolis.....Peyton Manning will be sent to a shrink. He will be convinced that New England is not the Florida Gators in disguise so he will finally beat them in the AFC championship game.
The NFC is tougher...Philly will probably return closer to the pack given the disruptive offseason negative influence of good ole TO. I see the NFC representative coming out of the NFC south....either Atlanta or Carolina Since I have to select one I predict Carolina will make it from the NFC. Indy willl win the Super Bowl.
Well i'd hope you weren't still gonna pick atlanta

ruaround

Tampa Will Win...the #2 defense, the Cadillac is out of the garage and Chris Simms is starting to remind me of a QB that took the Bucs to the Super Bowl and won it. In the regular season when these teams faced each other the Bucs didnt have Cadillac for the entire game because of his foot injury.
Bengals
Jacksonville
Carolina
no need to wait...just deposit the imaginary $1,000,000 in my imaginary account

devilboy

Originally Posted by ruaround
Tampa Will Win...the #2 defense, the Cadillac is out of the garage and Chris Simms is starting to remind me of a QB that took the Bucs to the Super Bowl and won it. In the regular season when these teams faced each other the Bucs didnt have Cadillac for the entire game because of his foot injury.
Bengals
Jacksonville
Carolina
no need to wait...just deposit the imaginary $1,000,000 in my imaginary account

hmmm could that QB be Brad Johnson?? anyways my pick to win it all this year is:
THE VIKINGS!!! no seriously i see a Indy vs Seattle superbowl, with indy getting beat..

scubadoo

Originally Posted by DVST8R
Well i'd hope you weren't still gonna pick atlanta
Nope..I have to stand by my prediction back in June..Carolina and Indy. I did think Atlants would be in the playoffs and not Tampa Bay. I kept waiting for Tampa Bay to fade but it never happened.
The NFC is wide open but I have to stick with my June prediction. NY could win this weekend as it will be a close game.
IMO...Tiki Barber is the MVP in the nfl this year.
Also, if I were a Dallas fan I'd be slightly ticked that the nfl awarded NY an extra home game. The game against the Saints could have and should have been plyed in San Antonio. IMO, this gave the Giants an unfair advantage over every other team in the division, conference and the nfl in general.
They probably still would have won, but playing on a different field you never know regarding injuries, etc. Either way...no other team in the nfl played 9 home games. Reduced travel, etc all are factors. THe outcome may have been the same, but who knows what would have happened regarding injuries, etc. We never will know....and that IMO is a shame that the nfl would grant a competitive edge to one team.

nw2sltfsh

Originally Posted by DVST8R
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO
You know it -- the Steelers will win
I just hope both Steelers and Pats win this week then The Steelers win against the Pats - My Husband is a Patriot fan living in Pittsburgh and he is driving me crazy
(to be fair to him - he was born in raised in MA - and we did just move last December - But I was born and raised in Pittsburgh - so this has been a fun few years)

cartman101

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
The giants versus New england in th ebowl. New England will win....again..deal with it.

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT :cheer:

ruaround

that is one of THE worst videos/songs ever
...damn that was annoying in 85 and is even more so today!!! recordings have come a long long way!!!
they call me the fridge and im the rookie i may be large but im no dumb cookie...
these guys were full of themselves, they released this at the end of the regular season!!! Do you remember the Patriots come back??? " New England the Patriots are we...We'll beat the Bears just wait and see..." That was weak as well...

oceanists

my play off scenario ;
Tampa
Panthers
Pitt
patriots

[hr]
Pitt
Patriots
Bucs
Panthers

[hr]