NFL Season...Who you like?

kjr_trig

I'm bored, and I love the NFL, so I will go down the list.
NFC West-Battle between my Cards and the Seahawks, the Hawks were the most injured team in football last year, so they should be much better. Cards may have only ended 9-7 last year, but they clinched at 8-3 and had little to play for until the playoffs. I will take the Cards at 11-5 with the Seahawks at 10-6 in a wildcard.
NFC North-Will be interesting with Favre and Cutler. Chicago may have Cutler but they still have terrible WR's. I will Minnesota at 11-5 also.
NFC South-Tampa is going to be really down, Carolina down a little, I really like New Orleans, if they can play any D, they are a SB contender with Brees at QB. Saints at 11-5
NFC East-Best division hands down, not even close. I think Dallas will finish last at 8-8. I kind of like the Redskins to be better than people think, these teams are gonna beat up on each other though, so they will need to beat their out of conference opponents. Giants and Eagles both at 11-5.
NFC is really good this year, I think a lot of teams around 8-8 with the Cards beat the Viks to go back to the SuperBowl....What else am I gonna say.

AFC West-No brainer with San Diego being banged up last year, they should dominate this division, though Cheifs and Raiders will be a little better and Denver will be better than people think...Chargers 12-4
AFC South-Be interesting to see how the Colts do this year with new coaching staff. Titans won't be as good as last year, and Texans may be better....Colts 10-6
AFC North-Cincy and Cleveland stink. Baltimore may continue with their pattern of being good every other year....Pittsburgh 11-5
AFC East-Second best division in Football. Dolphins have a brutal schedule, Jets have a rookie QB...New England 12-4
Pats beat the Chargers for the Conference.
Patriots beat the Cardinals in the SuperBowl.

aquaknight

Well my team is the Bills... Okay that's about enough time wasted on the Bills...

NFC West - Cards all the way. Seahawk is quite hyped this year. Durability will of course be their issue.
NFC North - Most interesting division with the greatest potential. Minnesota could be a real threat if the right Farve shows up. Rodgers has the talent to be a Pro Bowl QB. Minnesota wins the division.
NFC South - Between the Saints and the Falcons. Falcons did great last year, and they only have more experience under their belt. Brees can only gunsling for so many yards... Falcons take it wil
NFC East - No matter how much hype ESPN builds into the Ingles, I just don't buy into them. The Giants are the powerhouse. Dallas will be likely to get to 500...
Vikings beat the Cards for trip to Miami. Vikings won 10 games last year without Brett Farve.
AFC West - Chargers. Worst division in NFL
AFC South - Indy all the way. Titans did phenomenal last year, they are still great, but 13 wins was nuts. Indy takes the division, Titans get the Wildcard
AFC North - Pitt is still the class of the NFL, lead by their defense. Big Ben will never win any stat comparos, but the Steelers can win games.
AFC East - Brady is back, but untested. Dolphins are better will JT back. I say this will come down to the wire, there will be some tie-breaker used to decide the Division winner between Pats and Fins.
Indy over Pats in the champ. Manning is at the very peak of his prime.
Indy over Minnesota in the SB, battle of two of the greatest QB's of our time.

kjr_trig

I hear you about the Iggles Shawn, everybody is on that bandwagon, the Giant's ? at WR make me think they are iffy too though, I really like the skins if Campbell can play well, they improved on D, have a great RB and good WR's. Emmit Smith was on Collin Cowherd yesterday and said the Cowboys will go 7-9.

aquaknight

The thing with the Giants is they don't have to depend a ton on the WRs. They have one of the best D's in the league (certainly for 'style points'), and a couple of the best RBs in the league. Being a Bills fan limits the amount of enthusiasm I can put into the Skins. They certainly can play well, but a lot of the teams in the NFC can.
Totally believable on the cowboys. I think they'll either go 8-8 or 7-9, and we'll see some BIG changes next year...

mantisman51

The Cards are a lock, if Warner stays healthy. My Chiefs will be 3-13, if they get EXTREMELY lucky. We will be pimp-slapped by all the AFC West teams. Our only hope for 3 wins is if Jags, Bungals and Browns are their usual pathetic, underachieving selves or the off chance that Denver forgets to tie their shoes before the game.

darthtang aw

Giants 11-5? Giants winning the division? You guys obviously have not watched what is going on in Jersey.
Here is your breakdown. NFC west...Cardinals hands down. No competition in this dicvision. Even with the additions the seahawks made....their running game is suspect as is their defense. They are a non-factor. When your backs are Julius Jones and Edgerin James you may as well have Frick and Frack. Even the Lions running game looks better to me.
NFC North...I honestly see this division as the most interesting for the NFC. Minnesota acquires Favre..whom even if average...will help them out immensly just in the fact teams will initially respect the pass threat and not stack 9 in the box against Peterson. How long this lasts is ultimately how long Favre can stay healthy. While healthy Favre leads the pitiful Jets to an 8-3 record...You can easily give Minnesota 10 wins if he stays healthy. The Bears gained Cutler. Everyone keeps saying the have no wideouts, I disagree....Cutler and the non existant wideouts looked good in the preseason and Forte's role will expand as he receives more screen plays and pass dumps openning up their offensive capabilities more. The question for the bears is their aging Defense.....which last year looked like a shadow of their formerselves. Their special Teams play has declined considerably as well....special teams alone would win games for them...last year they lost this. The bears realistically could take this division.
Lions--enough said, moving on.
Packers. This was one of the most potent offensives in the league, Only 4 teams in the entire league scored more points than they did. Offensively the Packers are a juggernaut and won't slow down in 2009. The question is the defense. They were hurt some last year and guys just looked lost. They have switched from a 4/3 to a 3/4 which will allow them to get more penetration to the quarterbacks and will switch from a lot of man coverage to more zone coverage allowing the linebackers to to be more effective in pass coverages. The Packers are a team to be worried about.
Packers take the division.....if Favre is nuetralized, if not then minnesota. Either way both teams will make the playoffs with wildcard and division win.
NFC EAST/ The giants, the giants, the giants, Are you guys freaking nuts? The defense is having issues with the defensive coach already. Their top player is having a tantrum. They have no wideouts and they lost a huge part of their running game and their go to receiver. When Plaxicco went out last year their offense became ineffective. No the giants don't take the division.
Dallas...probably have one of the best STARTING line ups in the division. However their depth is about as deep as a kiddie pool. Injuries will be their plague. If flozell or columbo go down for more than 2 games their season is done. Defensively they should be solid. The first team performed well during preseason racking up double the yardage and 3 times the points against the other first teams the played.
The eagles, The team to worry about int the division. nd not because of Vick. The impact Vick will have is if McNabb goes down. Other than that he is the voice sending in the plays to McNabb and that is all he is. This team is set....WR, RB, OL, Defense, I actually see the eagles taking this division...unless McNabb goes down early and Vick has to take over.....if that happens all the weapons the eagles have won't matter as MR. tuck and run will try to do to much by himself. Or westbrook gets hurt, if that happens this team is complete toast. I don't care if you have McNabb and vick...this team lives and dies with Westbrook.
Redskins, signed some free agents, but your QB is still Jason Campbell.....And your RB is still Portis who is good to miss 6-7 games a season....8-8 if they are lucky.
Division winners Eagles, unless Dallas makes the season with no significant injuries, which won't happen. Dallas gets a wildcard spot.
NFC south. The saints win...No other team is worth discussing when comparing. TB is the worst team in the NFC. The Panthers have a decent running game, but their top wide out misses atleast 6 games a year, when this happens their passing game shutsdown. Atlanta has the tools But I feel their QB while did well last year is still a bit young
yet.
Playoffs for NFC.
Minnesota
Greenbay
Dallas
Eagles
New Orleans
Cardinals.
SB---Green Bay
AFC Breakdown coming.

mantisman51

New Orleans?
If New Orleans makes the playoffs, it will be by backing in through a last-minute wild card. When they were good, they were just almost good and they have been going downhill fast, since. N.O. will be 10-6, at best- more likely 8-8.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by mantisman51
http:///forum/post/3131685
New Orleans?
If New Orleans makes the playoffs, it will be by backing in through a last-minute wild card. When they were good, they were just almost good and they have been going downhill fast, since. N.O. will be 10-6, at best- more likely 8-8.

http:///forum/post/3131686
Yeah, yeah, big offensive #'s. Really hard in the NFC South isn't it?
Your killing me again Mantis...The NFC South was arguably the best division in football last year, and yes Drew Brees is the 3rd best QB in football, and it's not even close. The South will be down a little this year because Tampa is gonna suck, Carolina, Atlanta and New Orleans will still be good....If you make the playoffs, you have a chance, the Cards proved that last year.

darthtang aw

http:///forum/post/3131685
New Orleans?
you obviously have not looked at their schedule...while they have some hard games, their schedule they could easily win the division at 10-6.

crypt keeper

Im not writing a King Novel. Short and Simple.
Panthers vs the Steelers.
and darth is retarded that Portis will miss 6 to 7 games. He isnt going to get the same work load as last season. he wont get nearky as hurt. Plus you dont get hurt any worse than he did and still play. Im a skins fan. If 17 can play like weeks 1-8 last seassn we will be okay. If not 8-8 might be a reward. The skins have a hard season.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3131772
Im not writing a King Novel. Short and Simple.
Panthers vs the Steelers.
and darth is retarded that Portis will miss 6 to 7 games. He isnt going to get the same work load as last season. he wont get nearky as hurt. Plus you dont get hurt any worse than he did and still play. Im a skins fan. If 17 can play like weeks 1-8 last seassn we will be okay. If not 8-8 might be a reward. The skins have a hard season.
If he doesn't get the same workload as last year then the skins loose That much in production and so on. Thus limiting their running game. Since he left Denver he has barely averaged just over 4 YPC.....he is not the sme player as he was in denver and with age setting in he is slowing down....his longest carry the last two seasons was just over 30 yards...and he was caught on those runs, never even making it to the end zone. Limit his carries to keep him healthy and you limit the redskins offense.
Like I said 8-8....The defense looks a lot better but the offense needs help.

darthtang aw

Afc the only teams needing mention are the pats and the Steelers. If Brady stays healthy it will come down to these two teams. I give the edge to the steelers those as the team didn't lose much and basically has the sme team as last year. Looking at the steelers schedule...if they don't go 15-1 they are playing like crap.

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3131807
If he doesn't get the same workload as last year then the skins loose That much in production and so on. Thus limiting their running game. Since he left Denver he has barely averaged just over 4 YPC.....he is not the sme player as he was in denver and with age setting in he is slowing down....his longest carry the last two seasons was just over 30 yards...and he was caught on those runs, never even making it to the end zone. Limit his carries to keep him healthy and you limit the redskins offense.
Like I said 8-8....The defense looks a lot better but the offense needs help.
4 yards a carry while running for over almost 1500 yards is damned impressive and any team in the NFL would kill for those numbers out of their back.
Yes Portis is getting up there in age. The skins keeping him healthy for the second half of the seaon is smart. He will be a 2 down back. He will get his carries and still run for over 1200 yards. He will still a force and teams will still have to play tough to keep him in check. He is has average about 1300 yards a season with the one season he got hurt in. He is still a great back.