NFL Season...Who you like?

kjr_trig

NFC West....Hate to say it, but I like the 49's a little better than the Cards. Seattle is still a mess and can't stay healthy, and the Rams will be better, but not good. 49's have a solid D and will go 10-6.

NFC North....Pack Defense is suspect (as Kurt Warner showed last year), but Aaron Rodgers is quite good. Chicago and Detroit will be improved, but not good enough. Still like the Viks at 11-5 with the Pack getting the WC at 10-6.

NFC South...Bucs are awful, Panthers will be pretty competitive with Mikey Moore, but I really like the Falcons....Saints at 12-4 to win, Falcons grab a WC at 10-6.

NFC East....Toughest to call for me...I do think the Cowboys are the best team in spite of a suspect secondary and O-Line, by virtue of winning the division last year, they have a brutal schedule, the toughest in the NFC. I think any of the Iggles, G-Men, or Cowgirls could win it and even go to the SB, but I will take the Giants to reemerge and go 11-5...I really do like the Cowboys, but I just want to make Stdreb, T316, and Darth mad by having the Cowgirls miss the playoffs.

AFC West...I like the Chiefs and Raiders to be substantially better, Chargers will be worse, Broncos may be terrible. Still like the Chargers to go 10-6, I am going out on a limb and taking the Raiders (yes, the Raiders) to go 9-7 and sneak in for a wild card.

AFC South....Indy 0-4 in preseason....WHO CARES. They win the division at 13-3, I like Houstan to grab the other WC at 10-6. Tennessee will be pretty good too, but not good enough.

AFC North...Cincy is good, but will come up short, Pitt will struggle without Big Dumb Ben for 4 games, and Baltimore will be VERY Good and go 12-4.

NFC East...Everybody in the media just lovvvves the J-E-T-S, but I'm not buying in....Patriots have a lot of holes, but they have Tom Brady...I like the Pats to go 10-6 and win the conference...I like the Jets, Titans, Dolphins, and Cincy to all go 9-7, but lose some sort of tiebreak to the Raiders for the WC spot.

Colts beat the Ravens in the AFC Title Game.

I'm clueless on the NFC here, but I will take the Viks to beat the Saints in the NFC.

Colts beat the Viks for the Title.

aquaknight

NFC West - 49's take it at 9-7, only team that's not undergoing some form of a major overhaul.

NFC North - Vikings are still the best team, even better if they pick up Housh (please!please!). Vikings win at 10-6 with tiebreaker over Packers also at 10-6. Like Detroit to do better, but still not enough to break 500.

NFC South - Saints and Falcons here, no brainer. Saints should be just as good as last year. Saints 1 game ahead of the Falcons who pick up the other wildcard spot.

NFC East - Both East divisions, NFC and AFC represent the most competitive divisions in football. Skins much improved, but still a lot of teething to do. Not really interested in seeing the Cowgirls in the playoffs, so say Giants win at 9-7.

Saints play and lose to the Falcons, who lose to the Vikings for the title.

AFC West - Perhaps the least competitive division in football, Charger might have their playoff berth sealed by Week 11...

AFC North - Agreed, I like Cincy to be good, if everyone stays out of jail, but the Ravens certainly have the components to be one of the, if not the best, team in the NFL. Ravens in at 13-3.

AFC South - As long as #18 takes the field, the Colts will be the favorite to win, Colts at 12-4. Tennessee will should be a competitor too.

AFC East - Dunno, I think the Jets could be pretty serious, definitely not sure I buy into Sanchez yet, but the rest of the team, and their new RB squad, should be pretty dam good. I really want to put Miami in the second wildcard, but realistically, there are 4 or 5 AFC teams that you could name and it'd be a good pick. Dare I say both WC's are the Fins and Pats?

AFC title game, Ravens over Colts (how's that for a bold pick?). Leading to a Superbowl of mass confusion with all the purple, no one's going to know which fans supporting which team. Already have a sweet catch phase picked out. "Even though Superbowl XLV is indoors at the house Jerry built, there will be Purple Rain"

stdreb27

you're nuts if you think the boy's won't even get wildcard. Personally I think that will come down to the last game and an igles like swing from division leader to out of the playoffs...

kjr_trig

I took a closer look at the schedule today, there are some really good games to start the season off. Lots of good teams playing good teams, and the biggest point spread is under a TD....Can't wait.

aquaknight

Tomorrow's NFC title rematch, Vikings & Saints, and Monday's Jets/Ravens, certainly have playoff implications. Pats/Cincy should be a good one too.

NFL Redzone is the greatest thing since sliced bread and made for weekends like this one.

sparty059

I'm going to just put it out there and say the Lions are going to win it this year. ***Geez I am having some CRAZY dejavu!

soviettaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty059 http:///forum/thread/380019/nfl-season-who-you-like#post_3307920
I'd like them to win 7, but I think they'll get 5 or 6. It's pretty sad... most cities would run their team out of town with a record like that... we'd probably have a parade down woodward with 6 wins.

I won't, I've hated the Lions for a long time, thank god for my Wings! Haha. But Suh had me interested and it got me back into the NFL as well as watching the Hard Knocks series. It reminded me of when I played haha and somehow I've dropped my hate................ For now at least. I demand 8 from this team and same goes for my Wolverines GO BLUE!

aquaknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty059 http:///forum/thread/380019/nfl-season-who-you-like#post_3307671
I'm going to just put it out there and say the Lions are going to win it this year. ***Geez I am having some CRAZY dejavu!
For the last 7 years, one team that finished last in their division the previous season, has come back to win their division. So looking at the last place teams from last year, Bills, Browns, Jaguars, Chiefs, Redskins, Lions, Bucs, and Rams, the most people are picking the Chiefs, as they play in the weakest division in football. Lions might be a long, really long shot to win the NFC North...

sparty059

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO http:///forum/thread/380019/nfl-season-who-you-like#post_3307981
I won't, I've hated the Lions for a long time, thank god for my Wings! Haha. But Suh had me interested and it got me back into the NFL as well as watching the Hard Knocks series. It reminded me of when I played haha and somehow I've dropped my hate................ For now at least. I demand 8 from this team and same goes for my Wolverines GO BLUE!