Night time pics form my 470

sleasia

Goodwin are you saying that they rounded the corners with your tank already set up with everything in it??? can you do that? I'm wondering because my couple of small powerhead cords are kindof an eyesore and I would like to drill outlet holes for them in the tanks top border so they can exit closer to the end walls....can I drill a couple of holes in acrylic if the tank is set up, as long as I lower the water level and catch all the drill dust/debris????

goodwin9

Originally Posted by sleasia
Goodwin are you saying that they rounded the corners with your tank already set up with everything in it??? can you do that? I'm wondering because my couple of small powerhead cords are kindof an eyesore and I would like to drill outlet holes for them in the tanks top border so they can exit closer to the end walls....can I drill a couple of holes in acrylic if the tank is set up, as long as I lower the water level and catch all the drill dust/debris????
He did drill holes for my powerheads at the same time. He did the drilling and I held a net inside the tank to catch the shavings. As you can see from the second photo, I missed a few, It is a picture of the foam in the sump. The shavings float and what I missed ended up in the sump.

sleasia

That's exactly what I want to do...did he use a regular drill whith a hole bit, or a dremel? I was thinking of using a dremel.. I was also thinking of putting tape underneath the drill site to help prevent the spray of acrylic dust, and taping a bag around the site as well.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by sleasia
That's exactly what I want to do...did he use a regular drill whith a hole bit, or a dremel? I was thinking of using a dremel.. I was also thinking of putting tape underneath the drill site to help prevent the spray of acrylic dust, and taping a bag around the site as well.
He used a hole saw that cut out a plug.

rsedatec

you have the bessssst tank i have ever seen. WOW how much did that set up cost and how long have you been doing this set up

shawnlx86

Stupid ?, But Where Did You Get Your Water Holding Tanks? I'm Having A Hard Time Finding Them Localy And Online For A 55gal. They Want Between $150-$200.
Thanks And Sorry About The Caps!!

goodwin9

Originally Posted by SHAWNLX86
Stupid ?, But Where Did You Get Your Water Holding Tanks? I'm Having A Hard Time Finding Them Localy And Online For A 55gal. They Want Between $150-$200.
Thanks And Sorry About The Caps!!
I got mine locally, but you might want to look at plastic-mart.com. I see that they have 55 gal for $126 which includes shipping. Mine came from a water purification company here in town.

goodwin9

I jus tadded some new MH lighting and have a shot taken before they were turned on. The second picture is with the new lights turned on. Let me know what you think. I will try and post some closeup pictures later today with the new lights.

anderson's

I am sorry, but that tank is too amazing to not comment. You make us lowly 55 galloners so damn jealous. Great job!

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Anderson's
I am sorry, but that tank is too amazing to not comment. You make us lowly 55 galloners so damn jealous. Great job!
Thank you for the nice comment. I started with a 55 and have ended up with this, with a few other steps in between. Nothing worng with a 55, or a 10 for that matter, if they are done right. I've seen awsome tanks in all sizes and am amazed at what people can do with them.

mario

I guess this time we won't have any Tang Police telling you that those tangs do not have enough swimming space

oceana

new lights are MUCH better. i bet in person you feel the same. i never liked the dull yellow look of before. are those 14 or 20K? i just but 3x400 radiums and 4x110 VHO on our new 270 and have a very similar color.
also since you our tank is also acrylic and of a larger size can you tell me what you do for cleaning the tank walls. our tank is 3 feet wide and its a pain to clean the sides

goodwin9

Originally Posted by oceana
new lights are MUCH better. i bet in person you feel the same. i never liked the dull yellow look of before. are those 14 or 20K? i just but 3x400 radiums and 4x110 VHO on our new 270 and have a very similar color.
also since you our tank is also acrylic and of a larger size can you tell me what you do for cleaning the tank walls. our tank is 3 feet wide and its a pain to clean the sides
Added 3 14K , 400 watt. I do like to color much better. Mixed with the existing 10K, the colors appear truer to me IMO.
I use a Magnavore algae magnet along with a algae scrapper wand.Weekly chore that takes a lot of time. I am waiting for someone to invent an iRobot for the aquarium. I'll be first in line to get one.