Night Viewing of Tank

sooz

Hi, wonderful wise fish people :)
I am wondering if anyone knows how I might look at my tank at night without freaking out my fish? I never see my lobster - he only ventures out at night (i saw a blur of him once diving back into his cave!) and I would like to watch the night life in my tank sometimes.
Could a black light be used? Or how about a flashlight with colored cellophane over it? ( i remember we used these once on a stargazing trip because the colored cellophane (it was red or blue i forget) kept the light from the flashlights from dilating our pupils.)
I don't have any night-vision goggles handy, so I thought maybe there is some other method for watching my tank at night??

spanko

Every time I hear about night vision goggles I think about the weird guy serial killer in "Silence of the Lambs". Creeps the heck out of me.
They would be great for night viewing of the tank though.

marka1620

Originally Posted by spanko
Every time I hear about night vision goggles I think about the weird guy serial killer in "Silence of the Lambs". Creeps the heck out of me.
They would be great for night viewing of the tank though.
It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again.

spanko

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. "

spanko

Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.Catherine Martin: Mister... my family will pay cash. Whatever ransom you're askin' for, they pay it.Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
[to his dog, Precious]
Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb:
Yes, it will, Precious, won't it? It will get the hose!
Catherine Martin:
Okay... okay... okay. Mister, if you let me go, I won't - I won't press charges I promise. See, my mom is a real important woman... I guess you already know that.
Now it places the lotion in the basket.
Catherine Martin:
Please! Please I wanna go home! I wanna go home please!
It places the lotion in the basket.
Catherine Martin:
I wanna see my mommy! Please I wanna see my...
Put the fu#*&@% lotion in the basket!

spanko

Yup, red cellophane. I think you will be suprised at the amount of "NIGHT LIFE" that you will see in your tank. Keep us posted. Oh yeah, how about some pics?

marka1620

Originally Posted by spankoJame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.
Catherine Martin:
Mister... my family will pay cash. Whatever ransom you're askin' for, they pay it.
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
[to his dog, Precious]
Yes, it will, Precious, won't it? It will get the hose!
Catherine Martin:
Okay... okay... okay. Mister, if you let me go, I won't - I won't press charges I promise. See, my mom is a real important woman... I guess you already know that.
Now it places the lotion in the basket.
Catherine Martin:
Please! Please I wanna go home! I wanna go home please!
It places the lotion in the basket.
Catherine Martin:
I wanna see my mommy! Please I wanna see my...
Put the fu#*&@% lotion in the basket!
You were right.......

They also sell colored night/moonlights at *****. I'n choice of colors and I believe red is one of the choices.

marka1620

Originally Posted by sooz
I want whatever color the critters cannot see/detect!!
:)
earlybird - what IS that?
I believe red is the color you want.