No more anemones ~ maybe?

T

thomas712

And the after pic, I had to use a bunch of my base rock I had laying around just for such an occation.

zanoshanox

wow Thomas, where did all of the anemones go?!? lol It looks great
I woudl be willing to buy or trade you for one of them if you still have them. (In case your looking for places for them)
Shane

dmitry

I'll take an RBTA...but live in NYC. Let me know also if you'll ship.
I feel bad for the Clowns! Poor things; how many Clowns do you have? How are they holding up?
Overall, I think it's quite exciting for Thomas. Think of the possibilities!!

T

thomas712

Guys I don't have RBTA's just regular BTA's. I really don't want the hassle of shipping. However if anyone is in Michigan and would like one, I'd be willing to give them free to a good home, if we could meet somewhere or you could pickup.
Thomas

ocnreef

Thomas,
How are the clowns handling it? What have you noticed with their behavior, anything different or did they just go about it like the BTA were never there?
Mike

T

thomas712

They were quite upset about the whole ordeal. It was like going from a mansion to a one bedroom apartment. They definatly came out more and looked around. I did notice, and worried, that they did not eat that first devistating day. But then next day they came out and ate like champs. I still see about 12 anemones in the main tank that still need to be removed. They definalty seem a bit more active around the tank though.
Thomas

ocnreef

That is the thing I've noticed the most after our BTA split is that the pair do not venture out as much as they did when it was an individual BTA. They know when I get home from work though and come right to the feeding corner.

fishieness

Originally Posted by Mr_Bill
OHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD!!
Thomas giving up anemones!!!???
whats next ..........
Lion_craz and oreo agreeing on anything!???
haha, i know, it is a sad day, but that was jsut funny. What woudl havae been better would my mystic and emmit agreeing!
But i dont even know if they were on during this time. anywyas, dont mean to bring up past problems.......
sorry thomas that you had to do so. you were an inspiration to all of us....or well..... you still are..... what am i saying? but it is still sad to have to give them up. I hope they all get placed in good homes.

bplankis

Thomas,
Wow, what an amazing number of anemones! You must have a lot of tips and techniques for raising them.
I wanted to send you an email or PM, but I can't seem to do that? Any idea why I can't do that?
Brian

T

thomas712

The particular feature for PM and such is disabled on this board.

swlover

Thomas...I'm sad for you, but we all grow and decide to do other things. I too love my anemones and I just can't see the day I get rid of them. They were my first live creatures besides clean up crew, and they have rewarded me with growth and color. I don't have any BTA's I stick with flowers and curleys and one lonely condy. Hats off to you...thats what this hobby is all about. But wont you miss them? I'm betting, in the future you go back to them. Over 5 yrs is a long time and human beings love habit, we are creatures of it and we just can't help ourselves....good luck in whatever you decide, we know it will be exceptional!

T

thomas712

Well I'll tell you what, I still have anemones, there are at least 7 or so in the main tank still, and it being October now this makes 6 years with the Bubble tip anemones, a mile stone to be sure... I wish I could have given more away to people nearby.

swlover

Originally Posted by Thomas712
Well I'll tell you what, I still have anemones, there are at least 7 or so in the main tank still, and it being October now this makes 6 years with the Bubble tip anemones, a mile stone to be sure... I wish I could have given more away to people nearby.
Ok, did I say something to make you mad?? confused, this post seemed a little like you were telling me off, sorry about the mistake on years. :notsure: My post was, I thought, a compliment.

T

thomas712

Not mad at all, not telling you off either. It just being October made me think of it being the 6 year mark and I was just mentioning it. I do appreciate the compliment and feedback
All is good

swlover

Ok, sometimes I say things and ppl take it wrong..Congrats to you. I'm coming up on my one year for SW. :joy: