No More End Zone Celebrations?

zsalinas

Just wanted to see everybody's opinons on this. I for one am all for celebrations they're fun to watch. It's entertainment. The NFL is definately the No Fun League.

jhov2324

Yeah that rule is so stupid, the end zone dances is what can get a stadium to explode with laughter, cheer and celebration, or boo the hell out of the other team, i think they should be able to do their celebration as long as a player of the opposing team is not in the area, NFL loosen up if you want to keep the games fun, LETS GO GIANTS..

bigarn

As long as they don't get carried away with themselves I find them quite entertaining also. :jumping:

darth tang

I agree for the most part. But a side of me says, I don't stand up and dance when I do my job at work and complete a task assigned to me..........

sula

Thank God the Lambeau Leap is still okay.... without that my tickets go down about 30% in value!!!!

zsalinas

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
I agree for the most part. But a side of me says, I don't stand up and dance when I do my job at work and complete a task assigned to me..........
Maybe you should darth and you might feel good about doing your job lol.
Then you'll be excited to get the job done so you can come up with some creative dance or prop to use.

missymoo

I think it's so stupid that the celebrations have been banned and imho the sport lost some entertainment value when they deemed this unsportsmanlike. When I was a kid I remember them doing chorus lines in the end zone and it was one of my favorite aspects of watching the game. What's next - no group hug in baseball or fighting in hockey?

jhov2324

I used to love in basketball when someone got dunked on you could yell in their face or just look at them, now they can't even do that, or hand on the rim, all this cencorship and unsportsman like conduct rules is making sports for sissy's, soon the NFL will be flag football, NBA will not permit dunks, and the MLB-Tee Ball, lol, Hockey will be as illegal as drugs, GOLF would be the only sport left and maybe tennis, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

zsalinas

way to many rules are being made. They constantly think their improving the leagues but they're making it less entertaining. Remember when Mutumbo would dunk over somebody the waive his finger to the crowd that was awesome now they can't taunt the crowd either. What are sports coming to.

darth tang

If a player wants to celebrate I say fine him. Atleast then it is his decision and only he pays the price. The celebration has no affect on a play or the game itself, unlike other penalties. To penalize the team because a guiy danced is ridiculous in my opinion.
(part of me also hates this rule because now I won't see TO Dance on the eagle at midfield when the cowboys head to Philly)
Darth (soccer they riot, but football you can't dance) Tang

oceanists

Well I personally think it has to do with TO and the cowboys , its well known that the commisioner of the nfl has it out for Jerry Jones ..... and now that the cowboys have TO ,....... who really cant help himself they wanna say well lets ban dances ....... if TO went to the Panthers with Steve Smith it would have been totally different ........

ruaround

this last year it became a HUGE compotition to be original... there were pros and cons... made the athletes want to get into the end zone, but it also put alot of attention on their celebration (esp in a losing effort) and made these guys whine if they didnt get the ball...
Let them celebrate, but dont show it on sports center...
ru(let em dance)around

oceanists

Chad Johnson showed the best class by throwing presents to his fans ... Im not a Cinci fan nor am I a Chad Johnson fan but that was AWESOME that he did that

cowfishrule

if i were in the NFL, i would donate my entire year's salary the NFL fine collections department.
I would continue to do the dances and just pay the fine- obviously if im making that much money, then i have quite a bit stored away.
it would be even funnier if somebody kept a checkbook under the pad on the upright. if they scored a td, just whip it out along with a pen and pretend to write a check to the nfl.

nflnutswif

Originally Posted by Oceanists
Chad Johnson showed the best class by throwing presents to his fans ... Im not a Cinci fan nor am I a Chad Johnson fan but that was AWESOME that he did that
I was even looking forward to Chad Johnson getting a touch down in the wildcard playoffs. It was rumored he had a live animal (Rein deer) ready for his end zone antic! He didn't score that game.

nflnutswif

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
if i were in the NFL, i would donate my entire year's salary the NFL fine collections department.
I would continue to do the dances and just pay the fine- obviously if im making that much money, then i have quite a bit stored away.
it would be even funnier if somebody kept a checkbook under the pad on the upright. if they scored a td, just whip it out along with a pen and pretend to write a check to the nfl.

Now that would be funny. . .

zsalinas

I was thinkin the same thing that'd be hilarious. You should pitch that idea to Chad Johnson or T.O. some how lol

nflnutswif

Although I am a Houston Texans fan, I was getting a bit annoyed by all the opposing teams triumphant end zone dances!!!!!!!
We did win (2) games last year!

zsalinas

Originally Posted by nflnutswif
Although I am a Houston Texans fan, I was getting a bit annoyed by all the opposing teams triumphant end zone dances!!!!!!!
We did win (2) games last year!

Trust me I feel your pain I'm a niners fan so............