Northern Wisconsin... Puffer, rock, tank in that order..

squidd

Sold my big FOWLR tank, most of the equipment and most all the fish...(Keeping the Reef)...Anyway...
Have a 7"-8" Healthy Happy Pork Puffer, temporarily set up in a 6' 125 gallon tank with about 40-50 lbs of live rock.
Puffer Dude is free to a good home ..if you pick up..I can get him out and into a bucket without puffing, just don't want to chance shipping...
$100 for rock and $100 for tank..Will cut a deal if you take all three...(heater pumps, stand, canister filter enought to get "set up")
Fish has to go first as LR is filtration and tank is holding water for both...
Puffer Dude is Very Friendly, and personable...will come out and spit to get your attention (to be fed) and will let you "Pet" him...follows you around the tank like a Puppy and will look you straight in the eye...

bobtail107

I really wish I lived closer because he looks awesome. I have one and these puffers are the best fish ever. So much personality. I hand feed mine and I can get him to spit water at me too.. LOL.. Someone will end up with an awesome fish.
Jeremy

squidd

Actually, the rock can "help" the cycle with the additional bacteria and surface area it brings...
Again I need a home for the Puffer before I can let the rock go.. but keep it in mind...

squidd

Originally Posted by Bobtail107
Its too bad you won't ship. I would love him. These puffers are the best fish ever.
Jeremy
It's not that I won't, I just really don't feel comfortable with it...
I have the box's and styrofoam and heat packs, etc...and I shipped my 15" grouper when I sold him, but hes a tougher fish...
I've had this Puffer almost three years now, and would just hate to think about something bad hapening in transit...
I know I'm limiting my options to get someone close enough to pick up, but I'd sure like to explore that first before considering shipping...

bobtail107

If you do decide to ship, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me be the first to get a crack at him. He would go great in my 120 gal. I would definatly pay for the shipping obviously. I know what you mean about trying to limit the stress though..
Thanks
Jeremy

squidd

OK Jeremy...Keep an eye on this thread..if something doesn't happen over the weekend (locally) we can talk about shipping early part of next week..

squidd

Tank is not drilled...it's an older AGA 125 ..72" x18" x23"
Stand is nothing special, not really "selling it" as much as it's available if desired...
Open front and sides, it is stable and will carry weight...I used to have a "curtain" around it, but curtain not available/included.
Has been sitting in my basement for a few years, just fired it up with a canister to temporarily hold the Puffer...