not a hitchhiker just grew what is it?

perfectdark

If the polyp looking things on the right have long tenticles then I agree aiptasia. If not I am thinking a zoa of some type.
The green thing... besides snot? Im guessing a sponge of some type.

bang guy

The left could be Halimeda but it's just a big fuzz ball on my monitor.
The right could be Hydroids with an outside chance of being featherdusters (not likely).

mr.clownfish

they are definitly not Aiptasia. cause they dont have any long tenticals they are multiplying very fast they have doubled in 2 weeks. but they aren't really growing that fast. im going to try and get another pic.

mr.clownfish

srry i cant get another pic. thats the best i can get.
but i think they are just simple polyps? and the green thing is probably bubble algae?

T

tizzo

Based on the color in the first pic, I'm gonna say Neomeris.
But the second pic, I also thought hydroids the second I looked at it.

sydneywood

My husband used to have a ton of these in his tank, I just checked and there are a few, he has a clown and huma huma trigger, a sailfin, birdnose wrasse, snowflake, and small hawk so it's possible that one of the ones added last eats these things because now there only here and there. If it's the same thing it's not aptasia, it's tiny but a tube shape with something feather like coming out of the end, like microscopic feather dusters.

tbcseod

The stuff on the right looks like some plant thing that I got on some of my rock once - it would grow a little then "break away and float around. But it never grew very fast though.
Is your sea hare (top of the photo) in the witness protection plan? I see his face has been blocked out - I can only imagine what he might have seen happen in a tank that he would have to be relocated and assume a different identity

sydneywood

Originally Posted by tbcseod
http:///forum/post/2693203
The stuff on the right looks like some plant thing that I got on some of my rock once - it would grow a little then "break away and float around. But it never grew very fast though.
Is your sea hare (top of the photo) in the witness protection plan? I see his face has been blocked out - I can only imagine what he might have seen happen in a tank that he would have to be relocated and assume a different identity

ROTFLMAO

paintballer768

The 2nd thing I would guess is red bubble algae. I have a ton in my tank, and just realized on the back side of a rock its completely covered. I gotta get to scraping

texasmetal

Those are indeed hydroids on the right. If you can remove the rock you can put super glue gel on top of them to smother them. I've tried removing them with tweezers but I believe they will grow back.

mr.clownfish

no its just a simple rock.
u mean the big thing above the rock with the hydroids? the only thing i have in this tank is a starfish and a few hermits and maybe one snail.