Novic150 Shark Question

ribboneelman

I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS FOR YOUHOW MANY TANKS DO U HAVE
AND WHAT TYPE OF ANIMALS ARE IN THE TANKS IS YOUR BONNET IN A DIFFERNT TANK THEN UR OTHER SHARKS.WERE ARE YOU GETING UR SHARKS FROM.WHAT IS THE AVERAGE SIZE A BAMBOO
GROWS TO AND DO THE BANDED BAMBOOS LOSE THERE BLACK AND WHITE COLOR.I CURRENTY HATCHED A BAMBOO AND HAVE HIM IN MY 180.HOW QUICKLY DO LEAPORD SHARKS GROW IN A YEAR ICHES IF GET AT SMALL SIZE.COULD U PUT A BONNET IN MY 180 IF I HAD SOME PLACE TO PUT HIM WHEN I HE GOT BIGGER OR WHEN I BUILD MT OWN SHARK TANK.
P.S I RIDE MOTOCROOS TO I HAVVE A CR125 O3 I CAN CURENTLY DO NO FOOTERS NACNACS NO HANDERS

jim27

and 2. Lay off the all caps next time. All caps means you're yelling on the internet.
Also I can answer a few of those..... Yes bamboos loose there black and white color and eventually turn all tan or tan with faint stripes. They get about 3ft. Since novice has his bonnethead in a separate 150(I believe) for the time being I suppose you could keep on in a 180 until it got too big. You wouldnt have it too long though so You'd need a new home lined up in advance.

novice150

#1 Thank you professor Jim27 for your enlightening lecture on proper grammer/puncuation.
#2 Thank you for jumping in on this, and slamming a potential shark owner. :rolleyes: I'll be sure to answer threads addressed to you, before you have a chance in the future. ;)
#3 Now that we are done gripping over trivial bulls##t, let's talk sharks.
ribboneelman: I have 4 tanks. A 7 gal nano, a 60 gal reef, a 150 FOWLR aggressive, and a 1700 gal shark tank.
I have a range of different fish, from clowns, tangs, cardinals, damsels, blennies, and of course sharks. I currently keep 1 bamboo shark, 1 horn shark, 1 black tip reef shark, and 1 baby bonnet head shark.
Yes, the bonnet head is in a different tank than my other sharks. I'm temporarily housing him in the 150 gal. I would like to stress, TEMPORARILY. He is very small, at only 9" right now, and will only be in this tank a few months max. I wouldn't recommend keeping one of these sharks in a 180, for even a few months. They grow quick, are active, and need a much bigger tank to even house them for a few years. Yes, mine is in a 150 now, but he already has a new home, 30ft away, lined up for the future. If you plan to build your own large shark tank, please do that first. Then buy the sharks.
Email me for info on where I buy my sharks. nacnacmxr2@aol.com
What sharkmaster27 said about the bamboo's, and their growth/coloration is about right. They grow to about 40", and become, IMHO a dull gray, not tan as adults.
Good luck with your baby bamboo.
Like most all other sharks, leopard sharks grow quickest as juveniles. A baby can easily double size in approx. a years time. IMHO, if you bought a baby (around 7") it could live in your tank for a year or two. Please be sure to have a future home for the shark lined up in advance.
P.S. When I temporarily quit riding a two years ago, I rode a CR250. My son is 1 year old (2 years from riding age) and we will be getting back into it soon. I've been riding/racing since I was 10. This is the first time since then that I haven't owned something with a twist throttle. It sucks.:D

jim27

Whoa dude, settle down. I wasn't trying to "move in on your territory" or whatever you want to call it. The only questions I was trying to answer were the more general ones, I didn't say anything about your tanks, except that you had a bonnethead in a 150.
Next time I'll be sure to stay away from posts with you name on them if you'd prefer, ok?
I apologize ribboneelman if my post sounded like I was flaming you, it wasn't my intent. I wasn't trying to say anything to discourage you from keeping sharks.

novice150

Originally posted by JIM27
and 2. Lay off the all caps next time.

Jim, your condescending tone, arrogant attitude, and pseudo shark guru attitude have said a lot about you.
I'm not here to haunt other peoples posts, nit pick minor discrepancies, slam people who know less than me, or correct peoples grammar who come here seeking advice.
I'm here to talk about sharks. That's it. It's also why I jump on you for being a ----.
I'm not offended because you posted in a thread addressed to me, I'm offended due to the tone of your post. Do you really think people come here to be ridiculed for the way they type/spell/structure sentences, or for the questions they ask?
My territory? Following your own advice (use the search feature!!) would show that just a few years ago I was very new to the hobby, and swf.com. I don't come here to try and proclaim myself as an "expert." I come here to help (where I can) people who are new, just like I was (and we all were) at one time.
"Lay off" those who have less experience than you, and I will "lay off" you!;)
Now... I'm off my soap box. Can we please talk about sharks, nicely?

saltfisher

Geez!!!
Novice, I didn't know you had that in you. Always been portrayed as "the nice guy". Jimmy rubbed you wrong......:D :D
Also, you two need to get out the dirt and get on the street. I have a '04 ZX-10r on the way. Giving up my '02 GSXR-1000. You can't get the women in the dirt. They loooooove the street though.

bullshark

Excellent post! Puttin people in their place. Im surprised nobody has put me in my place. I sometimes pass out the flak...
Anyways, I dig the shark talk. I had a baby bamboo that I just gave away to tdragon, he lives close. I bought a used 450, but have not set it up yet.(remodel room first) When it is setup, Im gonna have to get a shark of some sort. Im thinking another bamboo or a smoothy.
I am also into the bike scene. I sell Kawi, Suzuki, Honda and BMW. The new ZX-10 coming out has 160rwhp and weighs 363lbs. Absolute sickness. Im gonna test drive each one. Ha ha.
See ya, squids....;)

novice150

Saltfisher: Me is a nice guy.:D
Jim and I have our differences, and prolly some similarities too. We're all here to discuss a common interest, and hopefully we can do that, flame/drama free in the future.
I rode a GSXR750 back in my single days, and your right, they are chick magnets! Heck, I met my wife when I had that bike. I think they dig the dirt too though.:) Or maybe it's just the scars/air they like? lol
Bullshark: You'll have to post some pics of that 450 when it's up! Sounds like a sweet tank.
All this talk about bikes is really making me miss mine.
:( :D

sdshark

I bought a Banded Shark still in the egg last week and the store owner said it would hatch in a week or 2.
I never had a shark before and since he said I might have to help him come out of the egg I wonder what excatly I should do.
Also, once he's out, does he need any special care for a while?
I love sharks and i'm very excited about owning one.
I don't want to screw up with this.

D

daniel411

Bullshark,
Just curious, I know its a long shot. Can you order a CBR400 as a race only through your dealership? Or know any reasonably priced bike importers?
sdshark,
Welcome to the board! It's a great place with many helpful people.

jim27

Originally posted by smoothounds
good job NOVICE150!

Yeah novice u r teh man!!!!! U sure put that stupid

[hr]
in his place!!!!!LOL!!!!!
Ok seriously though, has this latest outburst been building up over time, or is it based off of this post?
Bad grammar has always bothered me, and I always call people out on it. Thats not going to change, much like tha fact that you'll probably keep on me when I start sounding like a ----. I dont mind little things, but WHEN PEOPLE START TYPING LIKE THIS IT GETS ANNOYING. WOULDNT YOU AGREE NOVICE.
My posts make me seem like an arrogant shark guru? I don't think they do, but thats all up to the reader to decide. But I will say that I have never slammed someone who doesn't know as much as I do, not for that fact atleast.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by Bullshark
I cant. Id have one myself if I could!

Bummer

WOW, more excitement on sharks, well my daughters bamboo is now 6 months old an is 13" long an doing great.
'GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN":cool:

tony detroit

Originally posted by SaltFisher
Sell that Gix

If I did it'd probably be for a bike like the one you're getting next. Those are sweet. I like the new honda too, but that kaw is going to smoke. I think Suzuki is rumored to have helped them to have developed that.

R

rogeta

Isn't Kawasaki and Suzuki one company now? Or something of that sort. I Like Hayabusa's. I'm not exactly sure how I found this thread though :S lol Bye!
Looking Up,
Mr. Rocco

novice150

Originally posted by JIM27
Yeah novice u r teh man!!!!! U sure put that stupid

[hr]
in his place!!!!!LOL!!!!!
Ok seriously though, has this latest outburst been building up over time, or is it based off of this post?
Bad grammar has always bothered me, and I always call people out on it. Thats not going to change, much like tha fact that you'll probably keep on me when I start sounding like a ----. I dont mind little things, but WHEN PEOPLE START TYPING LIKE THIS IT GETS ANNOYING. WOULDNT YOU AGREE NOVICE.
My posts make me seem like an arrogant shark guru? I don't think they do, but thats all up to the reader to decide. But I will say that I have never slammed someone who doesn't know as much as I do, not for that fact atleast.

To be honest, it's been building up for a while. This is why...
"Also I can answer a few of those..... Yes bamboos loose there black and white color and eventually turn all tan or tan with faint stripes. They get about 3ft. Since novice has his bonnethead in a separate 150(I believe) for the time being I suppose you could keep on in a 180 until it got too big. You wouldnt have it too long though so You'd need a new home lined up in advance."
Bad grammar bothers you? Do you realize how many errors in grammar, punctuation, and overall sentence structure you have there? Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Like I said before, that's not what people come here for. They also dont come here to hear us argue. Let's let this die.