Now that's some wood.

tthemadd1

I see there are some wood workers out there. Thought I would post a few projects. You're welcome to post yours too

tthemadd1

This piece is pretty cool. One solid piece of 50 year old mahogany. No stain just a light oil and a lot of sanding. I got down to 8000 grit polishing pads. When completed it had a mirror finish. Simple with a compass rose set in the top. Literally took five years to finish completely.

tthemadd1

. Just an old work bench from reclaimed red oak boards. Some of the coolest grain and stains across the surface. I really like this top

tthemadd1

. These shelves are black cherry stained to a mahogany to match the coffee table in the living room. Set on black pipes. Polyurethaned to resist the water from the plants and uv from the window.

tthemadd1

. Saw this online. It's an Iphone amplifier. Piece of bamboo shaped and burnt with a blow torch. Simple yet cool

tthemadd1

new bench I'm working on. Will be white oak top sanded and piled on two leaf springs from a large work truck. Ie F350. One of sixty oak boards I need to work and get out of the shop.

tthemadd1

Five more tables in different stages and then Im moving onto slab work. We have a great store here in Asheville that carries tons of reclaimed barn wood and recently unearthed woods from the logging days.

snakeblitz33

Pretty cool projects!
Ill try to find some pics. Four years ago one of my computers crashed and i lost a lot of old photos.

reefforbrains

I used to be a shop squirrel. Always building something. Went sorta off the deep end and made some pretty big changes but I'm back at it again.
Mostly briar pipes and the occasional furniture piece just for the hump of it when the mood strikes me.
And yeah. Mods?..hope you enjoyed your vacation. But your stuck with me again.