now this guy is devoted... wish i had the money to do this

jugger

Originally posted by Thomas712
Good Lord the Bionic aquarium :eek:
Got a shot of the front?

hers the front doesnt really do the tank justice... i think he just got it up and running.... something like a 300

jugger

and look at the light setup.... i dont know if you noticed but thier attached to a nice huge pulley system in that big metal box

There's a lot of stuff back there! I like how PVC goes right into the acrylic, but what if the power goes out? And what are the highlights of the equipment and plumbing?

aarone

That is so AWESOME!!
I was wondering if any one had a Virtually maintenance free aquarium. It would make problem solving alot easier. Jeez, i hope i have alot of money one day to make a nice set up like that one. Mine would have to be a 500 though. With a few sharks.

chevman3171

hehehe all that high-tech stuff, and then he's still got a 5-gallon jug hooked up to it all in the lower right corner! :D Wish I had money for a setup like that. Well, I'd want a house of my own first. It'd be kinda really pointless to set that up in an appartment!

toddpolish

great setup.
If it were me, I'd put a background on the back of the tank, or paint the back blue. not a fan of the see thru tanks

slothy

Originally posted by toddpolish
great setup.
If it were me, I'd put a background on the back of the tank, or paint the back blue. not a fan of the see thru tanks

I'll second that !

bullshark

hey chevman3151, that 5 gal jug is for the protien skimmer overflow. The junk drains into that so he isnt empting it everyday. Then the other tube that runs from the jug and into the charcoal canister above that to eliminate the stench!
perfect setup.

tunze

Originally posted by smokinstarfish
There's a lot of stuff back there! I like how PVC goes right into the acrylic, but what if the power goes out? And what are the highlights of the equipment and plumbing?

After looking at the picture I think that is part of a closed loop he has setup.
That lighting system is off the hook crazy check out the pulley system.. I love the way he hooked duct work to the inside of the canopy. That is almost the perfect home setup and it looks like alot of planning went into that project . What do you think he is using the trash can in the lower left corner for ?
Thanks for the pic Jugger......

jugger

i think the trash cans are pre-mix saltwater that is part of an automatic top-off.....happy to share pics with you guys.... i thought is was the sweetest setup iv ever seen... and i think he installed the duck work because the lights were cooking the room

sammystingray

I agree j21kickster, all that money for a tank that could have been run perfectly with a few powerheads and a skimmer??? It was mentioned it may have just been setup, but if it were me.....I would have faced the gear out, and the tank behind the wall......the tank isn't as impressive as the equipment....sorry, but it's true.:)

aarone

I would have faced the gear out, and the tank behind the wall......the tank isn't as impressive as the equipment....sorry, but it's true.
LOL probably no more money left to buy nice things for the tank
One fully self sufficient Salt water fish tank...8,000 dollars.
Live stock and decorations....still workin on that.
Satisfaction of knowing you dont have to do anything and you spent all that money....priceless

derrikd

the first tank i have been watching. he has a removeabe peice of acrlic to cover the back. he wants to be able to see the back. the peice is swichable so he can change the seens. he has an automatic salt mixer and dose water changes by its self. this is one massave tank.......
if u want to read the whole thing email me ill send you the link... it is an awsome set up/...
derrik.dawson@comcast.net

Originally posted by toddpolish
great setup.

I agree also but I was thinking the same thing as derrikd about being able to see what your doing. It's probabley a pain in the keyster to run back n forth between rooms when you actually have the tank in one room and the display window in another.
Awesome set up either way