Nudilove's Tank Diary!

nudilove

Thanks Reefdude!
BAD NEWS! AHHHHH!
So my temperature has been fluctuating WAY too much from like 79-82 and my larger clown has ich spots! AAHHHHHHH!
Okay, so I think an emergency chiller so I can make sure the temp is perfect all day long and some kickich and a cleaner shrimp?!?!?
I'm panicking!

canisee2

Nudilove i have a question.So no matter what kind of nudibranch you get it will most likely die?

Thanks,Austin

nudilove

Well...It really depends on the nudibranch but most likely yes.
Unless you are maintaining specific types of sponges for them to consume they will usually starve in three to four months.
However, the lettuce nudibranch subsists on types of hair algae and will mow the stuff down, however as soon as it runs out, again starvation sets in as they usually wont take to dried seaweeds and the like.

nudilove

You're welcome canisee, glad you are making the right decision...
So...
Added the chiller, came home with a flourescent green LTA and a cleaner shrimp at 20% off. :cheer:

dmjordan

Think you are moving along a little too fast. I don't think your tank is anywhere near being established enough for any anemone. Have you recently upgraded your lighting to support the LTA?

natep206

beautiful clown. id say way to fast. no anemone till atleast 6 monthes.
and only 1 fish every month
and 1 or 2 inverts a every week
and id say no corals till 3 monthes
nice clowns
nate

nudilove

I think I'm moving a bit too fast as well but I have an established system I run for a client that the anemone can go to if it decides it isnt happy.
This LTA has been raised under similar lighting without any ill effects and bleaching, been watching it about a month or so.
Thanks for your concern though everyone! I appreciate it.
The larger clown is doing great, getting cleaned by the cleaner shrimp and eating vitamin enriched food. Trying to decide if I was seeing things or if she may have had ich.

nudilove

Also, the clowns appear to be dying to host the anemone, they keep just barely tapping at the tenacles and rubbing just the slightest on the edges, I've been up all night tonight watching to see if one will squiggle right on in there.
My water quals were better than the wholesaler I got him from actually, and he poofed up to his full size in about 2 hours which is faster than I've seen most anemones do when acclimating them for other peoples tanks.

nudilove

My shrimp is a PIG!
HE steals PILES of food when it's floating around and clambers all over the anemones foot.

celacanthr

I would say your hermit died from the ammonia, almost any ammonia, or nitrite is deadly to inverts.
I like the aquascaping!