Nyc Fish Stores!

perps

Here's a couple of local (40 miles) Fish Stores!
Everyone know Fish Town .. on northern blvd.
There a fish store on northen and Main street ( one block after prince st ) Forgot the name but he's been there for a while
Chinatown in queens (flushing) use to have plenty. Now only one left also on Main st. between sanford and maple!
Then for the there an excellent fish store i highly recommend if u every looking for anything THEY HAVE IT!
Callled Country critters! thats DEEP IN LONGISLAND exit 63 off the sunrise hwy route 111
know of any more please let me know!

marinemarty

Hi All, I have been to almost every store within NYC,
Fistown best for fish, coral selection was weak
The stores in flushing are both good. medium selection but ok prices
I have heard good things with Petswarehouse on Sunrise HWY but have not been
New world aquarium on 34th &2nd has good quality stuff but you will pay MAD prices
So far it looks like we have to mail order.
I would trade frags with anyone in NYC,
HTH
Martin
Zi@nyc.rr.com

pyro383

Petwarehouse is decent in price and selection. There is Fishy Inc. in bayshore, Country Critters is good to look at to get an idea but buy elsewhere. Their live rock is expensive but seems to be the only place on LI that sells a good amount of it plus you can choose your pieces and try to find hitch hikers on it.

bull

the two stores in flushing i think are really bad. everytime i'm in their there are always alot of dead fish in the tanks. both stores are also owned by the same person.
fishtown is the best ive seen in this area. there starting to get a few more corals in the place.

pyro383

Rubble rock is 4.99 lb and reg. rock 7.99 lb. The reg. rock does have alot of hitch hikers like mushrooms, sponges, button polyps and even one had a brain. You also need to find the least inclined person there because they have a tendency to try to charge more if there is any type of coral. I have been successful 2 out of 3 times. Sometimes they say that the coral there is just for holding and has a higher premium.

bull

juggernaut,
ive never been to aquatic treasures. can you tell me where it is located. i would like to check it out. thanks

perps

Originally posted by battlecat316
Country critters is on route 112, and they should be called Country Crooks. They are so overpriced.

While i do agree that they are pricey.. 90% of the time they have something that your are looking for INSTOCK!

angel123

Hi all,
Within two months, two of my yellow tang have die. I think due the cold weather. I have two heaters in a 150g tank.
What fishes do you guys have in your tank now? Any recommendation of any hardy fish to get?
thanks
ray

angel123

I didn't see any sign that my tangs getting sick. the only thing i can think of is the temperature swings. my shrimps and white strip clownfish are doing fine though.
any hardy reommenation?
thanks

bull

juggernaut,
i checked out aquatic treasures today
everything you said was right on, except for the
carpet was vacumed. lol. maybe he is reading the
msg. board

marinemarty

Bull, Any good corals at that place?? i am shopping for a frogspawn and a branching hammer. Anybody seen any good ones?? Thanks
Martin

bull

marty,
they have alot of corals. more corals than i've ever seen in a fish store and they all looked good. the owner told me he was understocked at the moment, i cant imagine how much would be in this place fully stocked. there was a very nice selection in there and i'm sure you will find something you are looking for. he is pricey, but stuff looked very healthy.

rebels23

Yup, I live near Young's store. I've only bought fish from him a few times (he always gives me a hard time....) my friend had bought a stingray from him the other week, and he wouldn't sell the stingray to him until my friend gave him his home phone number so Young could talk to his mom first.
Anyway, he has been a bit understocked lately. He used to have the wall to the left side when you walked in, packed with saltwater stuff.
Hey Juggernaut, you mentioned you were able to get a bucket of salt for $15 bucks??!!! Would you mind sharing that info with me through my email? Thanks! :)