o crap, ICK! we meet again

Here is my issue, I have a regal tang and coral beauty that have ick, my snowflake eel does not at the momement from what I can tell. What do I do, I have had this tank for about 4months and I used 90lbs of live substrate and a holy crap ton of live rock, along with a xenia zoo and mushroom or 2. How do I get rid of this out break? Catch all the fish? Let my tank sit fish less and hypo my fish? The eel will be a challange to catch

meowzer

Put the fish in another tank and do hypo....and leave the tank empty of fish for 6 weeks
if you have to tear things apart to get the eel....that is what you will have to do... :(

Well, after an hour and a half of cursing and tearing apart my tank I got my snowflake, and my diamond back goby. Whata tunnel system! But corals and inverts are safe and happy. Waiting six weeks will suck before I can add fish. Can I add live rock or other inverts? Like janitors and such?

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandsbernardo http:///forum/thread/386551/o-crap-ick-we-meet-again#post_3396191
Well, after an hour and a half of cursing and tearing apart my tank I got my snowflake, and my diamond back goby. Whata tunnel system! But corals and inverts are safe and happy. Waiting six weeks will suck before I can add fish. Can I add live rock or other inverts? Like janitors and such?
If all your fish/eel & all redblodded animals are out of the tank - NOW is the perfect time to add all the corls/inverts/CUC/new things, as long as there are NO fish added to the DT. As far as more liverock - the odds are just too high with new LR - I'd go with some dry base and let become live in your own tank - no sense bringing in some other nightmare into your DT that could arrive on LR. But a fallow tank is a great time to add new things. Just remember to allow a good month AFTER your last new addition to the DT to let any fish-type parsites that may have arrived on it die off.
Of course it's always good to Qtine new inverts too for bugs, mites, worms, decay, and illness too.

Thanks for the info, sadly the orange diamond bak goby didn't make it, he. Decided to jump out of the hospital tank this mmorning. :sad:

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandsbernardo http:///forum/thread/386551/o-crap-ick-we-meet-again#post_3396295
Thanks for the info, sadly the orange diamond bak goby didn't make it, he. Decided to jump out of the hospital tank this mmorning.

I can sympathize - my randalls goby did the same thing within the 1st week of getting him. Darn thing found the only little hole in the lid over the qtine tank and I found him on the floor the next day. rats. i liked him