Ocean fun

monsinour

Took the kids and missus to Narragansett beach yesterday in RI for some ocean fun. Kids had a blast and the missus went in knowing that there wasnt anything in the water that was harmful to her. The beach was really nice and big and full of people. There wasnt that sense of overcrowdedness that one feels on big beaches with lots of people. The only thing living we found were 2 muscles/clams that were attached to a piece of algea that looked like my old red stuff but was brown. We all had a good time playing in the waves.
While digging in the sand, we did come across a molt of what looked like a baby lobster. It was white and was shapped like a lobster/shrimp. Any guesses as to what it was?

monsinour

Do lobsters even visit the RI area? I honestly have no idea what it is either and was just looking for ideas from forum members. The molt kinda freaked the kids out a little as it came out of the sand where they were digging.

S

smartorl

Hmm, I thought they clearly didn't cross the Maine border, lol.
Actually, joking aside, I believe lobsters are present in some variety or another in every body of water fresh and salt.

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/386709/ocean-fun#post_3398122
Did you get a picture?????
no, had to calm the kids down and once that was done, due to their tap dancing on it, the molt was not intact anymore.
I would guess it was about 4 inches long. It looked to have multiple legs along the body. It looked like it could have been a lobster of some kind. I was just suprised to find the molt buried in the sand. It had to have been under 3" of sand. I dont think it was a crab as it was not a round shapped body. It was an elongated shapped body. Like a shrimp or lobster.