Octopus

Not reef safe with fish but would not bother coral and they are atlantic dwarf octos that get a little bigger than golf ball size and eat cut squid hermit crab and very fond of snails the most!

coral keeper

How long do they live? If I'm correct, they live up to a year. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, how much are you asking for it?

beenbag497

hey guys fyi ive had one of these and it was a really kool pet((even tho i didnt see him much)) but if u have any trace of copper in ur tank then the little guy will die:(((and btw they live about 6-8 months
))

I have a 45 gallon tank that would just be for him, how do i keep the bugger in there so he won't escape? I read that they are VERY smart and keeping them in is a hard thing to do. I have a top on the tank but it has holes in the back for the wires to run through. He can easilly get out through them...
How do you keep them?

I have read people put a fine mesh like screen over them but I have an open back and they have not tried to escape I guess since they are fed well they have no reason to escape.
I also keep the water a litlle below the rim so maybe that is a way to escape proof do know but after a month no escape so I guess I am lucky.
They are sweet and move around the tank and love to eat.

jared_p

my tank is not established its started cycling but has not finished. how long does a tank need to be established before adding a octopus id be very interested would 55gallons be a good size?