Odyssea 2006 Model MH Lights

turbonerd

Originally Posted by psusocr1
im sellin my 20" if your interested
only because i got the bigger unit
how much? email me @ turboner @ tmail.com or on aol instant messanger: himynam3iz

sinaloa213

guess what my ballast just broke a couple days ago that thing sucks all of a sudden one light wouldnt turn on
they both work but one of the sockets just broke

iiinadav

Originally Posted by Saltwater8
LOL, oh no....
That's not a pic of my tank.... it's a pic of one of my favorite fish...

I'm talking about the tank you submitted for that best tank contest. It was very colorful.

iiinadav

Originally Posted by Saltwater8
Cute....
The lighting for the tank was 260W of PC...if you really care...
Now back to this thread....

Thanks for the response. I thought it would have been MH's. I've been thinking about upgrading my lights, hence the reason for the question. Thanks again.

marine693

Originally Posted by SiNaLOa213
guess what my ballast just broke a couple days ago that thing sucks all of a sudden one light wouldnt turn on
they both work but one of the sockets just broke
Did one of your sockets "break" on the ballast? If so, I thought one of my sockets "broke" when I first received it. For some reason, my LED's would not turn on. I unscrewed, and took the ballast cover off to find that one of the inner prongs (the female end) of the socket came out of place. It wasn't broken at all. I just had to slip the end back in place and it worked fine. When I pushed the LED plug into the socket, the female end wasn't lining up correctly so I pushed it out of its place with the plug. I still have had absolutely NO PROBLEMS with this fixture or ballast. Everything I have in it is still original and nothing has happened. The fans are also working fine.

jbair

Hmmmm.....I stand corrected maybe Hombby is the guy to by from. Does he give you contact Information in case of problems? :thinking: I'm now leaning torwards Hombby.

marine693

Originally Posted by JBAIR
Hmmmm.....I stand corrected maybe Hombby is the guy to by from. Does he give you contact Information in case of problems? :thinking: I'm now leaning torwards Hombby.

Yes, he is VERY GOOD at answering your questions and getting back to you. Check out is rating on e b a y, it's really good. If you want to send me your e-mail address, I would be happy to send you some pictures of my setup...that goes for anyone in this forum. I was very very very nervous and skeptacle about buying a light fixture like this for so cheap, but I am very very very VERY PLEASED with it! I hope everyone has the same experience that I have had with mine!

X

xrobbx03

I have had mine for 3 months now and still havent had any problems yet They work fine and all my corals seem to love it.

mamie

:help:
I am switching my lights from 192 watts of pc to 480 watts of a halide pc mix. I purchased the odyssea lights from an auction. Received the lights 2 weeks ago &now am ready to set up.
There is no directions of how to use the ballast. I never used one before so I could use a little help please..
I think all the plugs go into the ballast, then ballast plugs to into the surge or wall. Is this correct?
Thanks in advance
Linda

joncat24

yes that is correct. On mine all the plug ins on the ballast are labeled. then the three plugs go into the wall outlet. I would suggest a heavy duty outlet strip with arc fault protection just in case.

mamie

thanks joncat!
One more thing if you would please.
Do I take the staysit strip off the pc's or just the paper on the bulbs?
I would think just the paper on the pc bulb.

jbair

Thanks for the pics Marine693, they look real good, I plan on placing my order soon with Hombby

marine693

Originally Posted by JBAIR
Thanks for the pics Marine693, they look real good, I plan on placing my order soon with Hombby

Glad to hear, I know you will enjoy the lights! If you have ANY further questions about the lights (about setup or anything) please let me know by e-mail!