odyssea jebo lights???

milomlo

I am getting in on this a little late. I also have these lights.
I have 130 Watts pc on my 29 gallon. They seem great to me. The fan is quieter than my skimmer. That is all I hear on my tank. I am looking at maybe getting some MH's from them as well.
The only thing I don't like is that I bought the 05 model, so I can't run the light seperately.

fishrule

Originally Posted by Lagger
10-4. Hey, FishRule, since you have them why don't you take a look? Remember to unplug the light before you remove the end plugs and report back whether they are a straight pin or square pin configuration. I hope they're square cause i'd like to get some smartpaq's in their! Also, while you're under there can you tell me what the reflector housing is made of? I have a 20gal also so I'm looking to buy the same lights as yours. Thanks!
I have some corals acclimating at the moment so I will have to check later, but I will report in the next 4 hrs...

L

lagger

Originally Posted by FishRule
I have some corals acclimating at the moment so I will have to check later, but I will report in the next 4 hrs...

Sweet! Thanks man! I want to get these ordered today. So what corals are you acclimating? Also, keep me updated on how they do in the next week, i'm totally interested since we have the same size tank and soon to be lighting. :)

milomlo

Originally Posted by Lagger
Sweet! Thanks man! I want to get these ordered today. So what corals are you acclimating? Also, keep me updated on how they do in the next week, i'm totally interested since we have the same size tank and soon to be lighting. :)
Hey guys I am wondering if you could help me. I want to order some new bulbs for my set up. I have had them since October so I think it is time to replace them

I am looking at Mdepot and their bulbs are:
6700K/10000K
10000K/Actinic 03
Actinic 03
Actinic 03/7100K
7100K/10000K
Which combo would be the best for a 29 gallon reef set up? All these choices are confusing

L

lagger

OK, I think I found they're straight pin. No biggie. FishRule, did you get your's from aquatraders or

[hr]
? It also looks like you got the one power cord version? Thanks.

L

lagger

Originally Posted by milomlo
Hey guys I am wondering if you could help me. I want to order some new bulbs for my set up. I have had them since October so I think it is time to replace them

I am looking at Mdepot and their bulbs are:
6700K/10000K
10000K/Actinic 03
Actinic 03
Actinic 03/7100K
7100K/10000K
Which combo would be the best for a 29 gallon reef set up? All these choices are confusing
You should be fine for another 4 months, average lifespan is 9-12months. But when you do replace them, I'd get (1) 10k and (1) True Actinic 03. I've also heard Currents smartpaq's are a better bulb than Coralifes. I believe it. Peace

L

lagger

It depends. I'm lucky enough to get them local with good LFS. I don't know where you can get them the cheapest, but Dr. Fosters&Smith carries them and are very reputable.

mike35019

Hey Bailey52 how do you like your light setup so far? Can you
Can anyone email me and let me know where you all ordered these Odyysea lights from? I'm either looking for the 48" 260w PC, or the 48" 548 watt HQI setup. Its seems that you can get the PC for $120 shipped, or the HQI for 360 shipped
thanx Mike
mike35019@aol.com

bailey52

mike the pc combo is great for 120.. but if you were buying the HQI, I would deff try to goto a store that sells them and make sure the legs are ok, thats a heavier unit.. and if the legs are like the ones on the PC's (which dont fit) I would be more concerned

mike35019

Hey Bailey the only LFS I seen so far that sells the Oddysea lights around where we live is the one on rt 130, they want $599 for the HQI 548 setup, there nuts! I guess I could go back to that store, b/c they run them on their display tanks and check the legs out.
I was set on buying the 48" coralife lunar aqualight set up for $220, but alot of people seem to run these oddyysea lights, and for another 100 bucks I could jump up to the HQI setup. I'm still confused. I really would like to keep some clams in my tank, which other corals would I be able to keep if I went with the HQI setup? But on the other hand I have seen 55 gal tanks on this website running 260w PC, and there tanks look great!
Sorry for the long post, just got done shoveling all that friggin snow we got overnight! I'm so ready for spring
talk to you later
Mike

devaji108

I have the 2005 model jebo 175W HQI MH set up......and as people have stated they only come with 1 cord...not that big of deal the leg are better that the one on the PC also have a 48" PC too! on the MH there are metal also the unit comes with a hanging kit for those of you that are concerened about the legs. the 2006 model has 3 cords and more Watts of antic blue they went from 2x18W to 2x 24 Watts.
whats are your thought on the 2006 175W HQI set up?
I am thinging about ordering two more units. with the two I have and 2 new one for my 240 GAL reef. 8'feet long so a total of 4 units.

bailey52

No, I would say you need some room between the lights and either the open top tank, or the glass canopy for air circulation..

gotfish?

Yes you can replace the bulbs with other manufacturers bulbs. I have one Coralife 10K and one current smartpaq dual actinic in my 36" 192 watt odyssea power compact fixture.