Off Topic Stuff: Seen any good movies lately?

scotts

Rye,
Do you have a surround sound stereo system? This makes all the difference with DVD's.
Movies.
On the comedy side I like Galaxy Quest, Buckaroo Bonzai, My Cousin Vinny, Meet the parents and of course all of the Christopher Guest movies, This is Spinal Tap, Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show.
I cannot recommend Minority Report. You just don't mess with kids.
Scott
I am sure that I will think of more later.

karajay

Originally posted by stumpdog
kara-
How was Open Range? It looks good. Duvall is awesome.

Loved it...book was great, movie was great :)

phil1964

NO
I have not seen a movie in a theater since 1992.
No joke.
The movie playing was Sniper.
How sad is that?
If you need me I will be under the rock on the left.

maxweljames

I have to disagree with Nortons greatest work. Although History X was a great movie and he did a great job I think Fight Club was his best work yet. If you've ever read the book Fight Club you would have to agree that he nailed the part. Playing a crazy guy can't be easy. Another great acting award needs to go to Leo Decap. for his role in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Kind of an old movie and I'm not even a Leo fan but if you never saw any of his other movies you would swear he was a mentally challenged kid. And if you want a good thinking movie rent Memento. The movie actually plays backwards. Alright, I've rambled enough.

wrassecal

Originally posted by sammystingray
American history X was nortons greatest work.....I loved that movie. .....great movie, great actor.

Edward Norton definately my favorite actor. I think American History X is one of the greatest movies ever made. The only movie that I watched with my teenagers and actually prompted 2 hours of conversation afterwards. I also love Fight Club and Primal Fear. He can nail any part.
Oh yeah, good movies lately...I'll have to think. I'm brain dead from having to watch Lizzie MaGuire and What a Girl Wants this weekend with the girls.
OK - good thing about DVD's is some of the new releases are older movies. None of the new movies are my favorites.
American History X and Fisher King are my 2 favorite movies. I also love What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Anything Johnny Depp especially Chocolat. I really like Moulin Rouge but, I think that's cause I like to sing along with it. Almost Famous is another favorite.
My favorite "sensual scene" movies - maybe you missed them The Big Easy and Sea of Love (pure coincidence Ellen Barkin is in both of them) it's Pacino and Quaid I dream of (deep sigh)
If I could pick one man on earth it would be Matthew McConahay's(sp) character Jake Briganze in A Time to Kill but, that's too much information :D I love that movie too.
I think I need to see some newer ones myself.

nas19320

I agree American History X is a great movie. What about Leon the Professional, I always liked that movie.

elitsoh

what type of movie are you into rye?????
i also collect movies "stolen by slothy" on a regular basis
best ive seen latley was clock work orange. yes i know not new but just got around to seeing it

scotts

I'll have to think. I'm brain dead from having to watch Lizzie MaGuire and What a Girl Wants this weekend with the girls
I have been there. Although I must say that I liked the Country's Bear Movie.
How about all those Mary Kate and Ashley movies?
Scott

wrassecal

Originally posted by elitsoH
best ive seen latley was clock work orange.

That movie is an acid trip in and of itself :eek:

ryebread

I have a lot of trouble when it comes to picking favorite flicks......there are too many that I enjoy at opposite ends of the spectrum to count.
What I can do is list the last ten movies that I watched and enjoyed thoroughly:
These are not in any particular order and I have seen each of these more than once.
1. Ghost World ( People either love this movie or hate it.....I choose love. )
2. From Hell ( See this movie. )
3. Scotland, PA ( Christopher Walken playing a whacko detective in a greasy spoon resturant murder case. )
4. Being John Malkovich
5. Fight Club ( I have probably watched this movie 100 times because......"I am Tyler Durden."
6. Igby goes down ( Apparantly Kieran Culkin decided to take on a different acting style than his older brother.....thank goodness.)
7. Best in show ( Christopher Guest is a genius. )
8. New Jack City ( My favorite Gangster/Drug War movie of all time. )
9. Donnie Brasco ( I honestly think that if I were female or a switch hitter that Johnny Depp would be the guy for me. )
10. Super Troopers ( "And that was the second time I got crabs." )
Bonus Movie: Death to Smoochie
Many folks weren't fans of this movie and I held off on seeing it for a while........I wish I hadn't waited so long. American History X is one of my all time favorites, but to see Ed Norton in this movie with that role was amazing. Versatility........that's what I like to see. Did you know that the American History X version of Norton weighed in at over sixty pounds heavier than the Death to Smoochie version? Versatility my friends.