oh no! not a good place to die!!

mr.clownfish

OMG! my huge 5in lawnmower blenny died in my 30gal tank behind 40 pounds of live rock. there is no way i can reach it. i've got 2 cleaner shrimp and a hermit crab working on it cleaning him up right now. is my water going to be ok? should i do a huge water change?
the reason why it died is i think it starved but if thats the reason then it deserved to die because ive got a hair algae infection. my tank is exploding with algae. i did notice it looking skinny yesterday so im sure it starved.
but anyway will my water be ok?

meowzer

what do you have for a cuc? If you have enough they should take care of it, and just be aware and check your water

reefforbrains

OK I had my fun.
Pluck a powerhead and blow him out where you can remove him. You really don't want to leave the carase to rot.CUC or not. It is a 30g tank.

rs1831

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
http:///forum/post/3088351
OK I had my fun.
Pluck a powerhead and blow him out where you can remove him. You really don't want to leave the carase to rot.CUC or not. It is a 30g tank.

That's the same thing that I would do.

sanchoy

Can you get him with tweezers .. If not, hopefully your clean up crew will do what it was assigned with doing. Yep. I too was pissed at my LMB when he did take care of the hair algae.. He is currently thriving, by eating the small algae blooms on the walls of my tank.

mr.clownfish

ok so i was about to do a big water change and got ready to blow the dead fish out from behind the rocks, when i notice i cant see it anymore... i dont know what happened. my clean up crew consists of 2 cleaner shrimp, one aggressive carnivorous sally light foot, a huge brittle starfish, 10 hermits, 5-8 snails and a never before seen tiny pistol shrimp (hopefully a pistol not a mantis). im about to do a huge water change i hope everything will be ok. ive got a good cuc.