Oiuji board

salt life

(spelt that wrong I think)
Has anyone ever tried a oiuji bored? my girlfriend has one and I want to try it but I googled it and people put some whacky stories.
best to leave it alone or give it a go?

flower

Originally Posted by Salt Life
http:///forum/post/3083554
(spelt that wrong I think)
Has anyone ever tried a oiuji bored? my girlfriend has one and I want to try it but I googled it and people put some whacky stories.
best to leave it alone or give it a go?

From a fanatical religious perspective...
If you are a religious person...leave it alone. Scripture forbids it. Demons talk through it and you open yourself up to problems with that side of the scale.
If you are not religious...You are already in the devils snare...so who cares, not you.

salt life

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3083563

From a fanatical religious perspective...
If you are a religious person...leave it alone. Scripture forbids it. Demons talk through it and you open yourself up to problems with that side of the scale.
If you are not religious...You are already in the devils snare...so who cares, not you.
I don't really believe in religion in general but what do you mean I am already in the devils snare?

flower

http:///forum/post/3083565
I don't really believe in religion in general but what do you mean I am already in the devils snare?

Fanatics believe that unless you believe as they do that you are condemned to hell, to burn for all eternity. Such belief is NOT the truth according to scripture, but most very religious people believe this (modern christianity)
However, in the Bible talking to the dead is forbidden, so an Ouija board is off limits to anyone who respects the Bible and it's teachings.

cranberry

I had one when I was younger. I remember when I was "playing" it once and it started to move, the hair stood up on my friends arm. I knew I wasn't moving it, I could tell by the hair on her arm she wasn't moving it... it was a fun creepy.
It got thrown out some years after that. There was movement in the basement and my mom looked to the source and saw the board. Out it went in the trash. Turns out we has mice

I can't work where I do and not have this "something else" feeling. But I don't think they speak to me through Parker Brothers products.
"Ouija" for anyone looking it up if you don't know what it is.

salt life

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3083581
I had one when I was younger. I remember when I was "playing" it once and it started to move, the hair stood up on my friends arm. I knew I wasn't moving it, I could tell by the hair on her arm she wasn't moving it... it was a fun creepy.
It got thrown out some years after that. There was movement in the basement and my mom looked to the source and saw the board. Out it went in the trash. Turns out we has mice

I can't work where I do and not have this "something else" feeling. But I don't think they speak to me through Parker Brothers products.
"Ouija" for anyone looking it up if you don't know what it is.
so is that a go ahead and give it a try? I just don't want like demonic creatures following me around afterwards.

salt life

http:///forum/post/3083570

Fanatics believe that unless you believe as they do that you are condemned to hell, to burn for all eternity. Such belief is NOT the truth according to scripture, but most very religious people believe this (modern christianity)
However, in the Bible talking to the dead is forbidden, so an Ouija board is off limits to anyone who respects the Bible and it's teachings.
ohhh understood.

cranberry

http:///forum/post/3083586
so is that a go ahead and give it a try? I just don't want like demonic creatures following me around afterwards.
I personally think it's a harmless board. But maybe you need to think about how superstitious you are and how it may affect you.
Do you like being afraid? If not, don't get it.
I believe "stuff" is out there, but I don't believe it will talk to me through the board or follow me home.

salt life

http:///forum/post/3083589
I personally think it's a harmless board. But maybe you need to think about how superstitious you are and how it may affect you.
I believe "stuff" is out there, but I don't believe it will talk to me through the board or follow me home.
I don't like
being afraid but I can handle it pretty well if that makes sense. I also do believe there is stuff out there. but your saying you don't think the board is legit? just like a hoax and it really doesn't work?

cranberry

These things are put out by the same company as Monopoly.
Whatever happens to you after that you are going to "blame" on your interaction with the board. You may not even know you are the type to believe it until it happens. It's human nature to look for tangible cause and effect.
I started playing with mine when I was 17. I was the type who would walk into the scariest places looking for a "sign". I like being scared.
Would I play a Ouija board owned by a voo doo chick that was from New Orleans. Heck NO!

sueandherzoo

http:///forum/post/3083589
+1. I think if there happens to be a mischevious, angry soul hanging around when you are playing with the board he/she may use it as a portal to come through and mess with your head. If you are strong-willed and refuse to let it happen, it won't happen. If someone vulneable, confused, and in a weakened emotional state happened to be using the board when there was some evil hanging around, they might find themselves being "haunted".
That's just my two cents.. I guess you have to ask yourself what your ntention and motive is..... if you're looking for trouble you may find it. If you're looking for answers to life-altering questions, find yourself a good medium. I can't see any good coming from messing around with it.
Sue

yearofthenick

Hey! I'm a Christian and I don't believe everyone goes to hell. I have been a Christian most of my adult life. In fact, I even work at a church full-time. Way too many people have assumed the belief that everyone goes to hell if they don't believe in your religion. The truth is that I have no right to judge anyone else's heart or anyone else's life - no one has that right, except God himself. So for me to say to anyone that they are not worthy of heaven and are therefore going to hell is not only blaspheme, it's ultimate vanity... I must consider myself to be equal with God himself in order to be able to determine anyone's fate.
But I'm not God, and I can't judge. Although yes, sometimes I do judge, it's still wrong and meaningless because it has no standing. We're all hypocrites and the sooner we realize that the better.
But to answer the original question, I believe there are both angels and demons on this earth and there are way too many stories and cases of people who have been adversely affected by both.
Demons can come into your life using the most innocent means... Parker Brothers products or not. If it's their goal to bring you down, they'll do whatever they can to get you there. If you give them a gateway for it, they'll take it. But honestly, it has less to do with physical objects and more to do with how you use/approach them. I would practice much caution if you do this, or just push the ouija around to freak out your friends.

demartini

Don't touch it!! The Exorcist is a true story!!! lol
My old best friend's house had weird stuff going on in it all the time, so we used to use one in her room. I stopped using it after it told me I was going to be shot on June 6th. We contacted something once that said he was "saintin" lol I guess it couldn't spell. Some really spooky stuff also happened to my friend after we stopped using the board.
My mom was using one with her sisters once. She said that all the windows in her house were closed, but some how a big gust of wind came through her room and knocked over her candles. They ran out of the room and one of the candles caught her drapes on fire. My grandma still has the board, but no one will touch it lol
My brother's ex gf had a scary story, but she tends to over exaggerate everything, so I don't think it's true.

cranberry

I don't have much to do with structured religion, so I can't relate to the religious side of it.
I have just as many scary stories that has nothing to do with the presence of a board.

mantisman51

Hee Hee, Christians believe you're going to hell if you don't believe like they do?
1) Other than the Catholic church (Pope Benedict reaffirmed this in a warm Christmas greeting last year-calling all other religions illegitamate and Catholosism the only true church) and cults, I haven't seen one Christian denomination or organization that believes that. 2) So what if I even did believe this? My right is less right than yours because I'm a Christian? I don't care that the Catholics think I'm a heretic and Jews believe I'm an unclean gentile and Muslims believe I'm sub-human. As long as it stays in the realm of religion and not government, who cares? 3) How does talk of a stupid board game lead to trashing folks who aren't in any way speaking out against it or even denouncing it?

mantisman51

Nope. It did here.

cranberry

True... true. Guess it was easier to skip up a couple of sentences than it is to fastscan a sermon. No disrespect meant by that....