OJ Simpson Verdict

sorry it sliped ill fix it.. but he went face to face with the law and won. so people shouldnt be saying this and that about him. he went to court like everyone else and won end of story.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by chowtownreefer
http:///forum/post/2782711
sorry it sliped ill fix it.. but he went face to face with the law and won. so people shouldnt be saying this and that about him. he went to court like everyone else and won end of story.
Being found "Not Guilty" does not mean you are innocent. Two completely different things... Also don't forget he was later found responsible and fined millions in a civil court...

True. Its all what people think or wanna think about what happend that day. He got arrested and he was found not guilty. What most people dont relize is if they had "stone" evedince we wouldnt be sitting here talking about if one person is right or wrong..... because we can sit here and do this "im right your wrong" thing all night but WE will NEVER know unless TRUE facts show up. Untell then we cant say ones right or ones wrong. Am i right? i am not trying to be or sound messed up about this but this is what makes people differnt... by views and the way people think. The jury made there minds up to find him NOT guilty and us as people have no right to say he killed 2 people. its between him and god. im sorry if i have caused any probs on the board.. just being the thorn the finger and sticking up for a good guy.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2782751
Being found "Not Guilty" does not mean you are innocent. Two completely different things... Also don't forget he was later found responsible and fined millions in a civil court...
You're right... he was found only responsible for it because there was only enough evidence for such. I think it's a success for the legal system because regardless of whether or not he put that blade into them, it reminds us that people can win in judicial court whereas in the 1930s-1940s in Russia(and throughout history, everywhere) people got a rehearsed show trial if that and were executed. While the judicial system isn't perfect, not everyone can just go to prison innocently and be killed or jailed for life, but many still do. At least the prosecution played by the rules and kept it more or less professional without implementing "new evidence" or any planted items.

reefraff

http:///forum/post/2782751
Part A absolutly correct
Part B Different standards for conviction in criminal court vs civil.

reefraff

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2782853
If the glove doesnt fit He didnt do the crime!!
WHat did OJ say when the judge told him he was free to go?
"Thank you your honor. Give me my hat and gloves and I Be outta here"

monkdaily

if the glove dosent fit you must aquit. he wasn't found guilty. sorry if y'all think that he should have been.... but that is unrelated to this case completely........and this is not justice for wut happenen 13 14 yrs ago........ legally.....allegedly

1journeyman

Has anyone ever tried to put gloves on, while wearing latex gloves?

Further, has anyone seen what happens to leather that gets wet and is not properly taken care of?
The glove thing was the dumbest thing the prosecution could have done.
It's also interesting to listen to the juror's after deliberation. More than one stated they would change their minds had they heard all of the evidence...
The civil case allowed more evidence. Hence the guilty verdict.
All that aside, to defend a man who beat his wife is absurd.

rotarymagic

http:///forum/post/2782903
Has anyone ever tried to put gloves on, while wearing latex gloves?

Further, has anyone seen what happens to leather that gets wet and is not properly taken care of?
The glove thing was the dumbest thing the prosecution could have done.
It's also interesting to listen to the juror's after deliberation. More than one stated they would change their minds had they heard all of the evidence...
The civil case allowed more evidence. Hence the guilty verdict.
All that aside, to defend a man who beat his wife is absurd.

On the subject of leather, Native Americans use to punish victims by wrapping them in wet leather typically, but not limited to the head. When the wet leather dried in the hot desert sun, it would crush the skulls of those tied up left to die in the desert.

nwdyr

rotary...you just made a good point , and that says the glove thing was B.S. sooo why are you defending him??? yes the glove thing don't mean ANYTHING!!! also he was not taking his arthritis med's! if you don't take those med's your affected joints swell....duh! that means the glove wont fit!!! why are you people soooooo clueless???? he was acquitted because they made it a "race thing" sooooooooo tired of hearing that , now they are saying that this verdict was because he was black....PLEASE! DNA evidence was there in the first trial , they accused a cop of "planting the blood" but they never convicted him of that crime....so that means HE was also innocent....so if that's true , them OJ WAS GUILTY!!! that's why they found him GUILTY in the second trial ( when they said he was responsible for the murders) he won the first one not because he was innocent but because the prosecution messed up! So yes he did BEAT the system , but he is still GUILTY. read the book "If I Did IT" that was written by OJ himself!!! then tell me you still think he didn't do it. That was a confession...READ IT!!! if that was your mom or friend , how would you feel about "The Great O.J" ????? I grew up watching him playfootball , he was a hero to me as a kid. But he killed 2 people , sorry but thats not a hero to me anymore!!

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2782921
On the subject of leather, Native Americans use to punish victims by wrapping them in wet leather typically, but not limited to the head. When the wet leather dried in the hot desert sun, it would crush the skulls of those tied up left to die in the desert.
eeew thats harsh

rylan1

based on the majority of the comments I feel like the jurors had similar thoughts in the back of their minds... This was indeed a "payback" verdict which I think is wrong. He's already been aquitted of the crime that took place 13 yrs ago... right or wrong... its done. From what I followed in this case... he was setup ... was trying to aquire things that were stolen from him that were being illegally sold.... the people involved were crooks ... the audio tape had been edited... and was being marketed to the media before it was handed over to authorities... the whole case reeked of corruption and people trying to get over... With that said... I think OJ played a role in the deaths of those people 13 yrs ago... was he alone ... had ... help or whatever other scenario you could think up... I think they are possible... and again 100% sure he was involved.
Point is that he was convicted based on the merits of this case... so is it fair in the bigger scheme of things... maybe? However, this was the wrong verdict in this case and it does not represent what our justice system is ideally supposed to be.

reefraff

Originally Posted by Rylan1
http:///forum/post/2783010
based on the majority of the comments I feel like the jurors had similar thoughts in the back of their minds... This was indeed a "payback" verdict which I think is wrong. He's already been aquitted of the crime that took place 13 yrs ago... right or wrong... its done. From what I followed in this case... he was setup ... was trying to aquire things that were stolen from him that were being illegally sold.... the people involved were crooks ... the audio tape had been edited... and was being marketed to the media before it was handed over to authorities... the whole case reeked of corruption and people trying to get over... With that said... I think OJ played a role in the deaths of those people 13 yrs ago... was he alone ... had ... help or whatever other scenario you could think up... I think they are possible... and again 100% sure he was involved.
Point is that he was convicted based on the merits of this case... so is it fair in the bigger scheme of things... maybe? However, this was the wrong verdict in this case and it does not represent what our justice system is ideally supposed to be.
Why was it the wrong verdict in this case? Whether he was set up or not he broke the law when he entered that room with his posse

rylan1

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2782975
rotary...you just made a good point , and that says the glove thing was B.S. sooo why are you defending him??? yes the glove thing don't mean ANYTHING!!! also he was not taking his arthritis med's! if you don't take those med's your affected joints swell....duh! that means the glove wont fit!!! why are you people soooooo clueless???? he was acquitted because they made it a "race thing" sooooooooo tired of hearing that , now they are saying that this verdict was because he was black....PLEASE! DNA evidence was there in the first trial , they accused a cop of "planting the blood" but they never convicted him of that crime....so that means HE was also innocent....so if that's true , them OJ WAS GUILTY!!! that's why they found him GUILTY in the second trial ( when they said he was responsible for the murders) he won the first one not because he was innocent but because the prosecution messed up! So yes he did BEAT the system , but he is still GUILTY. read the book "If I Did IT" that was written by OJ himself!!! then tell me you still think he didn't do it. That was a confession...READ IT!!! if that was your mom or friend , how would you feel about "The Great O.J" ????? I grew up watching him playfootball , he was a hero to me as a kid. But he killed 2 people , sorry but thats not a hero to me anymore!!
He didn't beat the system... he won because of the system... which means that there was enough resonable doubt... and let me say this I am not defending OJ... and maybe he got what he deserved... but this was not those jurors jobs... ever heard of "Double Jeopardy?" And I'm sorry but race was a factor back then, and its also part of why people resent him today... because its a black guy killing a white woman.... I'm sorry but that is the truth... had he killed his wife and she were black... and aquitted... we wouldn't have the same outcry.
Take the actor guy that killed his wife and was aquitted... I forget his name...is it Robert Blake? why has the response been so different? Is it he is less of a celebrity? Maybe?
Look at the jury selection... its evident the prosecution got the jury they wanted...

rylan1

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2783018
Why was it the wrong verdict in this case? Whether he was set up or not he broke the law when he entered that room with his posse
because the crediblity of all those involved is very questionable ... the fact that the audio tape was qued to record... the very good possiblity the tape was edited... and was shopped before it was given over to authorities... and the deals made with the accused to testify against OJ... the personal items included photos of his children and personal items... I couldn't convict someone of robbery for taking back those types of items...

nwdyr

robbery is robbery....no matter what you are taking. every trial has people who "make deals" everyone acts surprised about that. It happens every day , you just don't hear about it. The same justice system that set him free 13yrs ago ,sent him to jail. he is guilty of this crime ,so he has to do the time. If the robbery fit ...you can not acquit

nwdyr

Originally Posted by Rylan1
http:///forum/post/2783019
He didn't beat the system... he won because of the system... which means that there was enough reasonable doubt... and let me say this I am not defending OJ... and maybe he got what he deserved... but this was not those jurors jobs... ever heard of "Double Jeopardy?" And I'm sorry but race was a factor back then, and its also part of why people resent him today... because its a black guy killing a white woman.... I'm sorry but that is the truth... had he killed his wife and she were black... and acquitted... we wouldn't have the same outcry.
Take the actor guy that killed his wife and was acquitted... I forget his name...is it Robert Blake? why has the response been so different? Is it he is less of a celebrity? Maybe?
Look at the jury selection... its evident the prosecution got the jury they wanted...

Yes Robert Blake was much less of a celeb. then OJ , that's why you don't hear about it. And also there was not enough evidence against him to bring a civil trial , his wife's family tried that. To blame race is just a lazy easy way out for people. Again please do some homework on these topics. Read the Blake trial ,then read OJ trial..if you don't see the diff. ..well you just don't see. It's easy to just sit back and say...RACE , RACE, RACE.... i am Italian , and guess what ? even my black friends tease me about being a "made man" and being in the mafia. People have said it here on the boards!!! Now I could cry
and say that's racism (cuse it kinda is!) but I am not going to let myself be a victim. Please elts drop the race card its soooooo not appropriate , like I said we can ALL find times when we were judged or poked fun at because of our race that's life! And it does NOT happen to black people more then anyone else. 200 yrs ago yes it did! not now! When my Grandparents came here from Italy they we looked down on and suffered ....so what its over and nobody owes ME anything.
One more thing about Blake , he didnt write a book and do interviews and smile and act like a arrogent jerk like OJ did either!