ok new problem!!

brewski4u1

so i had a very bad hair algae issue witch i have taken care of there is none left took a few moths lots of scrubbing and water changes and now its gone but now i have a brown algae growing on my rocks that dosent grow fast or crazy its just covering my rocks! my question is what is it and how do i go about getting rid of it so i can finally start putting corals back in the tank!
here is a pic of what i'm dealing with!!

small triggers

crabs and snails, and just before doing your water change use a baster to blow all of it off....you may also need to add more powerheads for more flow, its tends to congregate less when there is alot of flow

denis

a good clean-up crew snails and herits would help also more water movement.. and i have found that a sea hare works really well against the green hair war doing a great job in my set-up.

meowzer

OK...here comes my input I have (was) battle HA for months. as it was dying I noticed brown fuzzy stuff. I am not 100% sure what you have is the same, BUT I believe it was HA that was dying.....I have about 6 emerald crabs and 1 sally lightfoot (a seahare and lettuce nudibranch too) that pick at it and pick at it....I also removed A LOT of it manuallly.....
It is about 97% gone YIPPEEEE...
I also added chemipure elite to my canister, and a phospure pad to my sump. This along with MANY many water changes....
In MY OWN personal opinion.....this is just part of the battle.....BUT also IMHO it is a sign you are winning :)