Ok, pics of my 75 gallon in its second week

salty blues

Your set-up looks pretty good. You might want to consider using a background of some kind to hide the cords and stuff and make your rock stand out. A lot of folks get bent about cycling with fish but IMO if you do it and monitor the ammonia level while doing frequent water changes I suppose you can get by with certain fish.
Anyway, good luck with your SW endeavours.

***** employees and ***** as a business model, especially with fish, may as well have down syndrome. :-/
However I am not against cycling with fish, I too have had great success (no losses in any of my 3 SW setups)
Also, people on here say you have to wait X amount of weeks... its different fro each person, some even say months... but you know that's BS because shouldn't the "time" waited have A LOT to do with the tests and how the water chemistry is? not TIME?

mie

I'm here with ya kieth.
Just because a fish can survive a cycle does not mean they like it or it is good for them.
Have you ever heard the phrase learn from the mistakes of others?
You may have been looking for a high five or a great job which is fine, just keep in mind this is an open forum and you need to expect CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, it will do you wonders in the future. I second the background.

fats71

Originally Posted by raymondcookjr
http:///forum/post/2486810
WHAT PART OF MO
I live right off post in saint rober Missouri
Originally Posted by ChrgerOnDavins
http:///forum/post/2486849
***** employees and ***** as a business model, especially with fish, may as well have down syndrome. :-
However I am not against cycling with fish, I too have had great success (no losses in any of my 3 SW setups)
Also, people on here say you have to wait X amount of weeks... its different fro each person, some even say months... but you know that's BS because shouldn't the "time" waited have A LOT to do with the tests and how the water chemistry is? not TIME?
I talked to this one guy in osage beach everyone said he was a GURU with SWF so I trusted him ( they are alive and doing fine but its not the best for them I agree with others here. I will in the future wait a bit prior to adding fish and wont toss them in as I did in this case.
Originally Posted by mie

http:///forum/post/2486970
I'm here with ya kieth.
Just because a fish can survive a cycle does not mean they like it or it is good for them.
Have you ever heard the phrase learn from the mistakes of others?
You may have been looking for a high five or a great job which is fine, just keep in mind this is an open forum and you need to expect CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, it will do you wonders in the future. I second the background.

As for learning from others mistakes I have on many other threads been told and told and told till its just gotton to the point of enough is enough. I get it and wont do it again.
I posted this about the tank not about anything else and its turned into another debate. I just wanted people to see it and let me know what to do to improve and honestly im proud of it and wanted to show it off as well.
I am looking for some sort of BG but I do not like most of them as I thknk they look cheesy. I am thinking about taking a pic we have of coral etc and blowing it up laminating it and trying that not sure though.
Any other thoughts on BG ?>
I also was asking how do the fish look and the bridges etc ?

fats71

One thing is for sure the
If it is true, 12 hours and you added fish, I feel sad for them.
Sorry to hear you may have KILLED your fish or at least shortened their lives.
was meant as guilt/ I think my life and my families life are more important than the 30 bucks in fish I have. No offence to anyone but if its that big of a deal offer up your address and a tank to plop them in for a few weeks and Swing on by.

mie

Use a plain black background or if you have access panit it blak with a roller, as for your fish they look like fish, they dont look bad.;

jthomas0385

looks really good. I like the Live Rock too. The only advise that I would give you that I learned over the past 6 months is, be as patient as you possible can. The more patient you are the better. Good Luck

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Fats71
http:///forum/post/2487227
Thanks guys and why reg black ?
We had a gradient blue at first in our 55g and when we moved things around, we switched the background to black. It's really clean looking and any black equipment that are inside the tank sorta disappears.
Is your LS IndoPacific Black?

faqbch99

Fats.. I have been watching your threads as I too am new and am at about the same point as you as far as cycle, and when we added the rock, etc. I think you are doing a fine job. The tank looks great. I just bought the black paint myself and will be doing my back of the tank in a few days. The black will make the colors in the rock and fish really POP. Don't take what ppl say as personal attacks, even if they are in some cases, just not worth it. Keep on reading and learning.. there is so much good on this site it is not worth letting a few deter you.

stealthttawd

hey guys,
Some of you need to slow your role on the bashing of *****. Just because some of the don't know or don't care about the fish and other stuff not all are like that. It is the same as any local store. some are good some are bad. Just like some of the posters on here some are great and some are not. sorry for my rant. btw I am a manager at a ***** so I understand what you are saying. But not all petcos are the same. it is not easy to find great help these days.
Sorry again for the rant
Jason

fats71

SpiderWoman;2487503 Is your LS IndoPacific Black? It is 40 pounds of Keys LS from SWF.COM and then another 20 pounds of mix pre bagged stuff white and black I picked up from my LFS. Originally Posted by [b said:
stealthttawd[/b]
http:///forum/post/2487765
hey guys,
Some of you need to slow your role on the bashing of *****. Just because some of the don't know or don't care about the fish and other stuff not all are like that. It is the same as any local store. some are good some are bad. Just like some of the posters on here some are great and some are not. sorry for my rant. btw I am a manager at a ***** so I understand what you are saying. But not all petcos are the same. it is not easy to find great help these days.
Sorry again for the rant
Jason
My buddy is manager of a pet smart. He took the job last year and he came from a BIG lots. just beccause he is a manager the first day on his job he knew nothing about pets etc as a matter of fact he wouldnt own a fish let alone a dog or cat lol. Just because he has the job doesnt make him petsmart lol
As for you I am not saying all at ***** are bad the guy i spoke with did give me some info that sucked like the bio wheel emperor 400 is really not a great filter for a SWFT but he said it sure is. He told me to toss in fish after 12 hours and the two small rocks you see that are blak in the far right and far left corners of my tank. I am sure you know more than most but ass a whole those stores hire anyone and give them a ddays training and then they are pro's..

fats71

Originally Posted by raymondcookjr
http:///forum/post/2487697
BEFORE ATTACH]191452[/ATTACH] AFTER[/ATTACH]
What did you use to do the bacck of yours ? mine is alreadyy against thhe wall so I am guessing a pain roller how many coats and what kind off paint ddo you suggest ?

http:///forum/post/2487795
What did you use to do the bacck of yours ? mine is alreadyy against thhe wall so I am guessing a pain roller how many coats and what kind off paint ddo you suggest ?
I USED PLASTIC BLACK BACKGROUND FROM PETSMART FILM

fats71

Can u turn out the other lights and turn on the tank lights so I can see how it looks that way ? I am debating on it being too dark for mine as I dont have the high dollar nice lights a lot of you all have yet. I might have to go with a lighter blue.

spiderwoman

http:///forum/post/2487792
It is 40 pounds of Keys LS from SWF.COM and then another 20 pounds of mix pre bagged stuff white and black I picked up from my LFS.
OK thanks! I've got 80lb of IndoPacific Black coming in this week and hoped that yours is not 100% that. What I've seen from the pics on their bags, it's about 50/50 black/white.

fats71

Ya, I just sprinkled the 20 pound bag of mix blackk and white over the top layer of my LS. I like the look but I think I mighht get another bag of it making is a complete 80 pounds of sand... I just think I need alittle more tbh.