Ok, so I haven't taken pictures in like 6 months

dutch06

I posted a few pictures after the first month, and again after the second, then summer came and I got a little busy. So I'm back after six months for a few updated pictures. My tank was set up on March 31st. The first clear pictures were taken on April 1st. The next set was around June 1st. The last set was taken November 22nd.
A few details...48x24x24, 120 gallons.
Euro-Reef RS-180 skimmer,
48" Aqualight Pro 2x150w HQI/2x96w PC/3x1w lunar lights,
40g Reef Ready Sump,
Mag 12 drive,
160lbs of live rock,
250lbs of live sand.
I dose B-Ionic 10 ml of alk and 10 ml of calcium every other day. I run a bag of carbon 24/7; changed on the 1st of each month. I had a small phosphate problem which I attributed to being lazy and getting RO from the Culligan man instead of the LFS, which I'm treating with PhosLock with almost immediate results. (My Green Slimer was showing small brownish goo on the ends....within 72 hours all signs of "goo" was gone and the color is returning nicely.) I will leave the bag of PhosLock in for approximately eight weeks, and I'm currently in week three. Eight months exactly on Thursday and I still haven't done a water change :scared: , although I did learn how to clean the splash guard on my lights today and was extremely happy.

dutch06

Thanks for the compliments. I still have alot of empty rock to work with. Most of the smaller SPS are frags that I'm just waiting to trade in. I'm not really into softies so it's a little slow going right now.

dutch06

Purple rimmed cap that could be fragged in about 3 different places. It's growing at an incredible pace. It started out the size of a match book and is about 8 inches across and tall. It's now about 1" from the water line so I'm going to have do something soon.

dutch06

Good question, I put 3 medium sized Peppermints in there about a month ago. I haven't seen them since. I guess the Aptasia hasn't seen them either because their still there.
Just two cleaners. They hang together constantly though, you never see one without the other.

dutch06

Lol theappe, try 4 inches on the low side and 7 inches on the high side. It was higher, it's unbelievable how much it has settled. I would swear somebody is stealing sand if I didn't know better. It's slightly misleading though, I have a ton of rock burried underneath the sand.
I would highly recommend burying your rock before you put all your sand in. One of my favorite parts of the tank was after the sand settled the very natural looking "mountains" it created. As more and more of the rock was exposed it created a look that you would never get by just stacking rock on top of each other.

hurt

Tank looks great, I thought a few of those corals looked familiar
. Is the Valida still in there?

dutch06

Hey, what's up, hurt? No, I lost it. It bleached on me. Got anything new? You can have a piece of that purple rim cap if you want. It's the fourth picture in the second post. The frag would be a solid 2"x2", I was going to trade some of it in to Todd at Aquatica, but your welcome to it.

hurt

How's it going. Yes, I have picked a few more corals since you last saw my tank I believe. Is that a green with purple rim cap? Drop me an email and we'll see what we can do. Here's a fairly recent pic of my tank(not trying to hijack)

dutch06

Ryan, your e-mail still reirwin__@yahaoo dot com?
I know the stuff in the blank.
Sent message to it on Friday but no reply, you might not have checked it yet but I wanted to make sure I had the right address. E

crox

Originally Posted by Dutch06
Purple rimmed cap that could be fragged in about 3 different places. It's growing at an incredible pace. It started out the size of a match book and is about 8 inches across and tall. It's now about 1" from the water line so I'm going to have do something soon.

I would like a frag. What are you looking for it?