1 Peach colored toadstool leather (that is now 3 seperate leathers)-3 months
6 Blue legged hermits
7 Astrea snails
5 or 60lbs of figi rock
40 pounds live sand
15lbs of dead rock witch I think is live rock now
Water circulation is by 3 power heads
filtration is
2 seaclone 100 protien skimmers that I seem to have to empty every 3 days pulls out a lotm of dark brown/green smelly stuff.
1 eheim 2217 for mechanical filtration.
Lighting consist of one 40 wattt no blue antinic bulb for dusk till dawn effect.
And 440watts of VHO two blue and two 10,000k day light. It seems that the daylight over takes the blue.
I think Im ready to purches corals clams and other cool stuff just don't know what? I like it all. I'm new to this great and fantastic hobby just don't want too screw up. I also do a 5gal water change every sunday.
Regards,
Joe
p.s. i will also post in reef

slothy

i dont think u have enought lighting for a clam... you should start to looking to metal halides for those

iechy

You could probably do fine with a clam in there. I think there are som ethat can even do with much less light than that. But as Slothy said, I'm sure they would still appreciate MH's. I'll be getting a nice clam as soon as I get my MH's.

bang guy

MH is a point source of light and as a result it's many times more intense than VHO. The major difference with intensity is water penetration. A 250 watt MH will put a lot more light on the bottom of your tank than 220 watts of VHO. The coverage will be a lot better with the VHO but a lot of the light won't make it to the bottom.
My current setup is VHO only and I have a couple of Squamosa Clams sitting on the sandbed that are doing very well. They are growing fast and look very healthy. I have SPS at the top and some LPS scattered around. I've tried one Acro and it did great for a long time but it was recently lost. That may have been light related. The Montipora I have are all growing very fast and have been fragged several times.
If your Carpet decides to move, keep in mind that it will kill all corals in its path. I recommend a 3"+ Squamosa, Torch or Frogspawn corals to start, but you may want to try Xenia first. IMO Xenia is a great indicator of water conditions. Most coral thrive or die. Xenia seems to have many levels in between.
Guy