OMG! Fluval FX5 for $15!!!

lbannie

Can't believe it!! Just stopped at a yard sale And there it was!! The guy says make me an offer, So I reached in my pocket and said I have 15 bucks on me. Couldn't believe he said that's fine!!!
Going home now to clean it up. Hope it works!!!

lbannie

I have a 40 breeder saltwater tank. Would this be way overkill?
Also I turned it on, seems to work great! Then about 2 minutes later it turned off by itself. The first 2 times I unplugged it then plugged it back in. 3rd time I let it go and about 2 min later it came back on! Is this normal? I read it might b purging air? I hope so!
I cannot believe I just got this so cheap!

meowzer

Yeah....look up the directions.....that's what it should do.....You also should be able to turn the flow down if you think it is too much

flower

Wow...Fingers crossed it's working correctly for you...I agree with Meowzer, Google search the manual.

lbannie

It seems to be working well. Have it running into a 5 gal bucket. But it's loud! I'm gonna take motor off again and clean it better. Hopefully it's the impeller?

devildoc

It works great it will run then shut off for 2min or so then run then burp then run and then your good might have a random burp now and then but its going what its supposed to do I have one on my 75 gallon fowler