OMG listen to the deal i just got i almost fainted

caillou

Originally Posted by DME
That is one thing that is just not in my blood to take advantage of store help that has no knowledge in the corals they might sell if that lfs is too lazy how ever to label it as they should and the store owners found out that the person who sold it that cheap is not at fault but he/she should had asked one the staff what was that corals price.
There be two types of different people in the world, those who look for any advantage over those with lees to no knowledge and those that would feel forever more guilty by even thinking of doing something as this.
So in no way could I ever bring myself to rob others like this, for it is dishonest and just the same as stealing.
So the bottom line here conner, it was very wrong of you in not alerting the new person that, that couldn`t possibly be the price

I disagree, It wouldn't be my fault that the LFS failed themselves. I look to them to be the expert when I go into the store, or at least have qualified people making recomendations and sugestions that are appropriate for their customers. If the LFS has a bunch of unqualified people in those roles it only hurts the hobby as a whole. I can only imagine the advise these extreme novices are giving to people who are looking for guidance and IMO that is totally wrong. I own my own business and if one of my employees makes a stupid mistake like that I think shame on me for putting someone unqualified like that in a position that could potentially adversly affect me.
So Connor, I say good for you! Maybe your LFS owner will learn from his mistake and actually spend some time training his/her employees.

connor

Originally Posted by Caillou
I disagree, It wouldn't be my fault that the LFS failed themselves. I look to them to be the expert when I go into the store, or at least have qualified people making recomendations and sugestions that are appropriate for their customers. If the LFS has a bunch of unqualified people in those roles it only hurts the hobby as a whole. I can only imagine the advise these extreme novices are giving to people who are looking for guidance and IMO that is totally wrong. I own my own business and if one of my employees makes a stupid mistake like that I think shame on me for putting someone unqualified like that in a position that could potentially adversly affect me.
So Connor, I say good for you! Maybe your LFS owner will learn from his mistake and actually spend some time training his/her employees.
thats EXACTLY how i felt

dme

Yes he is a kid, but you really think that its not wrong to tak the advantage of a new store helper who has no clue to the corals prices? And the kid was knowingly of the steal he was getting and knows very well that he took advantage of that store person. It is as the same as stealing, there be no two ways about it and being he is a kid, I am sure that he not thought of it twice in any way that he should had said something, because he as yet is not all that responsible and look to do the right things in life he would had told that store helper that it couldn`t be the price.
So in the light of all that, I am not angry that he did take such advantage as he did. For it be the same for my grand kids, as my oldest is 12 and he looks for and advantage as well and lies to me and I always caught him at it and all I can do is try to teach him that it is morally wrong to lie, cheat or steal.
So Conner, you as yet have a lot of growing up to do still and you will im sure become more responsible in time.
Originally Posted by crimzy
By the way, anyone who calls this kid a thief should be ashamed of themself. If you think this is stealing then you need to go to school to learn what the definition of stealing is. Futhermore this was not dishonest. Connor is a 13 year old who was dealing with the lfs... presumably an employee who was older and more experienced than him. Connor has no reason to argue with a good price for something... how does he know that these frags were not just overstocked, damaged, on clearance, etc.? If you think that a transaction is only fair if you get the worse end of it then you are not going far in this world. Looking for deals and jumping on opportunities when they arise is simply good sense.

caillou

Originally Posted by DME
Yes he is a kid, but you really think that its not wrong to tak the advantage of a new store helper who has no clue to the corals prices?
Hmmmm, Is it just me or is there something so wrong about this one sentence?

dme

Hmmmm, Is it just me or is there something so wrong about this one sentence?
Why don`t you share with everyone here on what is so wrong about it?

connor

Originally Posted by DME
Yes he is a kid, but you really think that its not wrong to tak the advantage of a new store helper who has no clue to the corals prices? And the kid was knowingly of the steal he was getting and knows very well that he took advantage of that store person. It is as the same as stealing, there be no two ways about it and being he is a kid, I am sure that he not thought of it twice in any way that he should had said something, because he as yet is not all that responsible and look to do the right things in life he would had told that store helper that it couldn`t be the price.
So in the light of all that, I am not angry that he did take such advantage as he did. For it be the same for my grand kids, as my oldest is 12 and he looks for and advantage as well and lies to me and I always caught him at it and all I can do is try to teach him that it is morally wrong to lie, cheat or steal.
So Conner, you as yet have a lot of growing up to do still and you will im sure become more responsible in time.
where the hell did i say he was a store helper he is an emploee

connor

Originally Posted by DME
Why don`t you share with everyone here on what is so wrong about it?
tak what is tak advantage of

crimzy

Originally Posted by DME
This is nonsense and there is no reason to demean a child, Connor. When did he lie? How did he steal? Where did he cheat? He didn't. To think that he did these things is to not know the definition of these terms.
Is it lying, cheating or stealing for a store owner to charge as much as he can for goods to make the most money possible? Is it lying, cheating or stealing to try to sell your home for the most money possible? Is it lying, cheating or stealing for a consumer to attempt to pay the lowest possible price for goods or services? No it's not. Again this is just good sense.
To suggest that Connor should advise the lfs to charge him more is simply outrageous. The employee, by virtue of his position, is given the authority to bind the store to a sale. What occurred in this situation is nothing more than a business transaction. There is no ethical or legal requirement that one party to a transaction MUST get the better end of the deal. That goes against the simple principle of fairness.
On top of that, you cannot assume that the lfs e/ee was just making up a price. There are many reasons in business why a particular item may be marked down. In fact, since Connor is talking about going back to the store today, it seems to be an effective marketing tool. The good price worked to bring back a customer who may buy other things. Connor as a consumer SHOULD attempt to pay the lowest possible price for the items he wants. This is a beginners lesson to capitalism.
JMO

promisetbg

Yeah..he did'nt know..he's only 13. That's why he had a knot in his stomach as he went to the register..because he did'nt know.
Please. Make all the justifications you want to. This is the age where you decide your own character.

connor

Originally Posted by promisetbg
Yeah..he did'nt know..he's only 13. That's why he had a knot in his stomach as he went to the register..because he did'nt know.
Please. Make all the justifications you want to. This is the age where you decide your own character.
who said i had a knot in my stomach? :notsure:

caillou

I'd be on the other side of the fence if Connor had switched the price behind the employees back. That is what you're making it sound like. I can offer no proof that Connor walked in that store with a bottle of white out and a pen and did that. The fact is he was given a good deal by some idiot employee who has probably unknowingly put moorish idols in nano's or suggested that it's ok to have 4 pretty looking tangs in a 55 because they're a schooling fish and so on...

drew2005

I think im detecting alot of jealousy in this post. Sorry but i find it hard to believe that if anyone here were in that same situation you would say, wait hold on, get me the real price. Come on people. This kid is not a thief. And to say hes a thief is just wrong. Maybe the price really was $2.99. Or maybe the price was $299.00. OR maybe the price was $99.99. What difference does it make? He got a price from someone who worked in the store and bought the frags. BOTTOM LINE. With all the money we spend on this hobby we should be praising this kid for being lucky and getting a good deal. One other thing. I highly doubt the owner would have failed to mention to his employees that these frags are $299 not $2.99. Trust me. Owners of profitable businesses arent that dumb. Were talking about a lot of money here. Hey Connor, thats what i would call a "steal"

dme

I see that there is no reasoning here, as well as what morals really are and as well conner is not one of my grandchildren and being he not wishes to acknowledge any wrong doing I will not post my views in this issue any further for I have great respect for people who have the understand as mention by few people here. But also know that I have an old fashion ideas as far as morals go.
I know what you will say to this, what on earth are you talking about LOL But perhaps in due time, conner will know of what i been talking about :notsure:

connor

Originally Posted by DME
I see that there is no reasoning here, as well as what morals really are and as well conner is not one of my grandchildren and being he not wishes to acknowledge any wrong doing
I know what you will say to this, what on earth are you talking about LOL But perhaps in due time, conner will know of what i been talking about :notsure:
if i was one of your grandchilderen i would shoot myself i did not do anything wrong!

rappa

What a bunch of crap. The kid got a good deal, was proud of it and shared it with everyone. Leave him alone, it was a smart move. If it was the LFS's mistake, then it is their mistake. Learn how to run a business. Show us some pics Conner.

ohioguy06

Well im gonna toss myself out on a limb........IMO if the fish store employees dont know the product at hand and didnt price it correct or what have you not more power to connor for getting them. Am i saying it was totally fair but for something that big.......comeon they had to have known..... or atleast the owner should have warned them about it or what have you not.

connor

Originally Posted by Rappa
What a bunch of crap. The kid got a good deal, was proud of it and shared it with everyone. Leave him alone, it was a smart move. If it was the LFS's mistake, then it is their mistake. Learn how to run a business. Show us some pics Conner.
i need to get a new battery pack for my digi camera or i would

crimzy

Originally Posted by connor
if i was one of your grandchilderen i would shoot myself i did not do anything wrong!
Connor, don't be frustrated at the negative comments that have been made about your character. By posting, you open yourself to criticism... just disregard the nonsense.
It's funny... children often tease or demean other children to make themselves feel better. This is an insecurity. Unfortunately, many adults do not outgrow this tendency. To anyone who calls Connor a liar or thief, I hope these insults make you feel good about yourself. But they couldn't be further from the truth.
Connor, take this as a lesson about the hypocrisy of the moral majority. It's so easy to judge other people and decide they aren't as moral as "I" am.