OMG listen to the deal i just got i almost fainted

fishieness

i knwo that whole sale prices arent that low because ive asked..... i asked my LFS how much he payed for a piece with about 8 and he payed 40 for it. so there is now way another supplier is going to be able to charge 3 bucks for one with 14 polyps (PS: theses ones were the same color morphs as the ones described)

dme

I wasnt saying it to insult him in anyway I just was like wow hold on I have to read that again.. and again.. much like in school when we read the shakespere plays aloud.. so, i appoligize if you thought
I have to think you were trying, but it wasn`t the feeling I had for you can say something once as long as you weren`t so totally rude about it for i hear this all the time and it is a part of my life in these forums and I do however appreciate your apologies.

coachklm

Originally Posted by ophiura
I agree that although the price is extremely unlikely, IMO, we don't know for sure.
he was getting the benefit. --- if i owned a business this is how i want leaving patrons thinking

:thinking:

crimzy

I have to say... I think I've changed my mind. Connor, you should not buy anymore of these frags and should bring the ones you have back to the lfs.... BTW, can you give me the name and address of the lfs?... and if possible, describe the e/ee you talked to... I've got some offers he can't refuse.

crox

Well IMO I don't believe Connor bought any corals.........If he does't give us proof that he actually has those corals than he's a liar.

turningtim

Now the way I read it. The frags at $2.99 would have been more expensive than a colony? Meaning $189.00 for the colony compared to $299.00 for the frags. It is not the responsibility of the customer to set the price! It would seem that guy #1 asked guy #2 what the price was. So you have two misinformed guys. This is the problem of ownership/management. If you have employees that are new it is the owner/manager to train and have access to a price list. If you just hire Joe-blow guy b/c hes cheap labor then shame on you (owner). You pay peanuts you get monkeys.
How is Conners responsibility to tell the employee what the prices are or should be. He stole nothing! He asked what the price was and it was confirmed by yet another employee. If a price is advertised in the newspaper for a product the store is bound by that advertised price. If something is mislabeled in a store the store is bound to that price! Plain and simple its the law!
Now the saying buyer beware is valid but it cuts both ways. How many times have we purchased something and found that it was not a good deal and have been taken for more money than its worth. In most cases you're out of luck and have to live with the purchase. I've done it and how many posts have been on these boards about pricing for something.
It not his fault that he knew it was a great deal! The price was stated and he was smart enough to buy them.
Does anybody here actually say when buying a product "hey ya know I really think its worth more than what you want for it, so I'll give you what I think its worth" NOT!!!!!!
Why should a consumer be held to such a high standard, when its the store that is suppose to know what and for how much they are selling things for!
JMO
Tim

connor

ok i just got back from the lfs and they are suposed to be 2.99, that is the correct price. the manager said that they broke up a colony of 400 heads and sold them all as frags! i also bought more

fishieness

holy crap!! i stand completly corrected then!!! wow!!!! im impressed with that find! im coming down to florida. see you soon conner! (PS: i have a nephew living in florida named conner)
sorry for the comments that have been thrown at you and i hope there are no hard feelings
but i am glad that you made sure those are the correct prices.

connor

yep no hard feelings
i know 4 conner what is his last name?
i now have 26 small colonies of the blastos

brainrush

I think MANY MANY MANY MANY people owe this guy an apology!
Time for you all to step up to the Moral and Ethical standards you were knocking Connor for, and show him what Moral and Ethical people do when they are proven wrong!
Don't hold your breath Connor, I'm sure not many will apologize!
I'm glad you got a good deal, and am glad you stood your ground on this board. Many should be ashamed.

connor

if you really want i could ship you some but i have never shipped anything before but i think i can!

caillou

Originally Posted by connor
yep no hard feelings
i know 4 conner what is his last name?
i now have 26 small colonies of the blastos

Why don't we do a thermos trade!

crimzy

Originally Posted by Crox
Well IMO I don't believe Connor bought any corals.........If he does't give us proof that he actually has those corals than he's a liar.

This comment is ignorant and really makes no sense in this debate. What are you talking about? You thought this kid came on here to make up a story for what purpose? Just an example of the mass mentality... when a bunch of people start ripping someone, the negative comments just escalate to the point that they are no longer based on any logic or common sense at all.
I also agree that many people do owe Connor an apology. Do those people have the character to come forward and admit they were wrong?