OMG OMG OMG Michael Jackson in Cardiac Arrest!

bionicarm

Originally Posted by gypsana
http:///forum/post/3071717
He had some good stuff but come on Elvis and Sinatra? That is a little much for me. Maybe the Jerry Garcia level of greatness.
Sorry, but Michael Jackson WAS up there with Elvis and Sinatra. He was in the music business for what, 43 years? Thriller is still the biggest selling album of all time. His Moon Walk changed the way people danced. The Jackson 5 and Michael are what gave Motown its resurgence. Although he did literally go Wacko, he was still considered a musical genius.

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
http:///forum/post/3071679
You live in FL but post a link from NASHVILLE TN?
Either its MIckey Mouse Journalism or they know something that we dont know.. either way its shoddy irresponsible journalism!
Im gonna go with You have retarded news people.
Celebs are dropping like flies

meowzer

I have been watching CNN, and they keep showing old clips....I can not believe the wierd things worn back then, in one clip all the guys look like they are flowers..LOL

darthtang aw

I hope the news media goes nuts showing old OJ stats and football runs when he dies instead of covering the other shinanigans like they are with Michael.
However, with that said....He revolutionized Music....He was the king of POP, even folks such as Br!tney Sp3ars and Justin Timberlake use the sounds and moves he pioneered still today. Most Br!tney Sp3ars songs sound like half The Dangerous album...

cranberry

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3071945
I hope the news media goes nuts showing old OJ stats and football runs when he dies instead of covering the other shinanigans like they are with Michael.
Are we celebrating the life of a man who hung his own child off a balcony and invited small children into his bed? There's many things in this world I can look past, we all have flaws. What I can look past on Michael is all the good he gave to the music world. What I can't look past is all the bad his did to children.

ruaround

truly a sad day... Michael Jackson was an amazing and talented performer and i respect all that he did for the world of music...
the alternative rock station i listen to did a 2 hour tribute and played nothing but MJ songs... much respect MJ... RIP!!!
my sisters life long friend also passed on the 25th... she was like a sister to me... she went too early... RIP Brenda...

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3071783
Sorry, but Michael Jackson WAS up there with Elvis and Sinatra. He was in the music business for what, 43 years? Thriller is still the biggest selling album of all time. His Moon Walk changed the way people danced. The Jackson 5 and Michael are what gave Motown its resurgence. Although he did literally go Wacko, he was still considered a musical genius.
+_1 and AHEAD in IMO
RIP MJ

salt life

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3071947
Are we celebrating the life of a man who hung his own child off a balcony and invited small children into his bed? There's many things in this world I can look past, we all have flaws. What I can look past on Michael is all the good he gave to the music world. What I can't look past is all the bad his did to children
cause you know for a fact he did it? being accused and being guilty are two different things.

cranberry

They have pictures and video of him threatening to throw his child off a balcony... you don't think that's damaging to a child?
Most kids will look back on family photos of vacations to the Grand Canon. His kids will look back and and say "Oh I remember that vacation! That's where Daddy threatened to kill me by dropping me out a window."
And he himself said he invited children to his bed, so I'm not make wild accusations. That's all I said... I did not elaborate what I speculated went on there, so there is absolutely nothing incorrect about that statement.
I will not argue his importance in the music world, but to celebrate the man himself? We are getting really good at forgiving the famous.

bionicarm

http:///forum/post/3072043
They have pictures and video of him threatening to throw his child off a balcony... you don't think that's damaging to a child?
Most kids will look back on family photos of vacations to the Grand Canon. His kids will look back and and say "Oh I remember that vacation! That's where Daddy threatened to kill me by dropping me out a window."
And he himself said he invited children to his bed, so I'm not make wild accusations. That's all I said... I did not elaborate what I speculated went on there, so there is absolutely nothing incorrect about that statement.
I will not argue his importance in the music world, but to celebrate the man himself? We are getting really good at forgiving the famous.
Virtually every person who is popular and in the public eye has some sort of sordid past. Michael Jackson's was exploited due to his immense fame. He couldn't walk out the door without 50 cameras flashing in his face. You just have to wonder what that does to the mental state of a person. He also admitted he was abused as a child by his father. Again, what does that do to a person mentally. As far as 'throwing his kid out the window', he wasn't trying to physically harm the kid in any way. He was exploiting the kid by trying to show him to his fans. Was what he did stupid? Of course. But he explained he never had any intent whatsoever to physically harm his child.
To celebrate his accomplishments, you have to celebrate the man himself. When doing so, both the good and bad aspects of the person will come out. Whether you agree or not, the guy will always be remembered for how he change the world of music.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
While dangling his infant off the balcony epitomizes the personal bad choices that Michael made time and again, I don't think anyone can seriously argue that he was threatening to throw the child off the balcony. He was showing his child off to the crowd below, and exercised the worst judgment in the manner it was done. To me, it points to the immaturity of Michael, and even child like mind he had.
He was never convicted of child abuse, though his actions are certainly seriously questionable and reason to raise grave concern regarding this aspect of his life.
He was a phenomenal pop artist, and there lies his greatest legacy.

jp30338

http:///forum/post/3072043
Hmm lets see:
Elvis: Died on the crapper of a drug overdose, lead a life of "sin" and he is the king of rock n' roll, and the most glorified of celebities,
Jim Morrison: Oh wait, another drug overdose, another life of "sin" yet glorified celebrity.
Shall we keep the list going?

renogaw

cranberry, i've got your back on this one.
to be quite honest, those people you're talkinga bout as druggies but celebrated are celebrated because they were pioneers in their industries. and i'll take a druggy over a kid molester any day.

salt life

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/3072093
cranberry, i've got your back on this one.
to be quite honest, those people you're talkinga bout as druggies but celebrated are celebrated because they were pioneers in their industries. and i'll take a druggy over a kid molester any day.
and you say he is a molester like you know he did it. if he said he invited kids into his bed why wasn't he convicted of it? I never heard that when he put his kid over the balcony he was threatening his life, like beth said, he was just showing off his kid, in a really wrong way.