Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ccampbell57

Ok, just thought that I would share this with you guys. I ran across this guy's website and almost passed out when I saw his tank.
ENJOY the video...
Unfortunately the webpage has links to other forums and therefore cannot be posted. 1Journeyman

Scroll down to the video of David's tank (1700 gallons)

monkdaily

the fish at -7:50to-7:24, -4:02to3:59, and -1:28to-1:20, that looks like some kind of yellow and white tang. and the fish @ -6:32to-6:20 looks again like some kind of black and yellow tang were my favorites if any know the name of those fish let me know. and all that pink and yellow set the tank off

alex4286

ive never seen anything like that!
that guy seriously must be a multi MULTI MILLIONARE!
just the electricity alone... must be nice to have all that $!
id for sure have something like that in my home lol
actually.. im pritty sure everyone on this board would do that if we could.
Thx for posting that link! really enjoyed watching that

puffer32

Originally Posted by monkdaily
the fish at -7:50to-7:24, -4:02to3:59, and -1:28to-1:20, that looks like some kind of yellow and white tang. and the fish @ -6:32to-6:20 looks again like some kind of black and yellow tang were my favorites if any know the name of those fish let me know. and all that pink and yellow set the tank off
Just want to ask if your user name stands for the guy on the TV show monk. Its our fav show! Looks like we are neighbors also!

N

nereef

cool tank. the fish of which you are speaking is a color morph of Z. scopas.
the other one is an orange shoulder tang.

monkdaily

no i actualy go that name monk my freshman year in H.S. back in '99 so i have had it for a while a bit b4 the show came out. and still have never seen the show. then the daily got added on later to class it up a bit

NEreef thanks for the i.d.

ccampbell57

I have to say no to the overcrowding comment. There is 1700 gallons and the fish that are in there look VERY healthy. If you noticed the fish that are in schools look very comfortable. There are a few scenes with a couple of Powder Blue Tangs getting along like peas in a pod. If there were overstocked issues, these guys would be killing each other and all the other tangs.

grubsnaek

if you seen his occupation then the rest falls in place....thats how that tank should look like with him being who he is. sick tank none the less...

donald

Originally Posted by NEreef
cool tank. the fish of which you are speaking is a color morph of Z. scopas.
the other one is an orange shoulder tang.

So it's a color morph of a yellow tang? What ever it is I want one!!!!!!!
This is the sickest tank I have ever seen. That rock work is crazy, I bet there is stuff in there that no one has ever seen (hitching in).

grubsnaek

Originally Posted by donald
That rock work is crazy, I bet there is stuff in there that no one has ever seen (hitching in).

u aint kiddin

N

nereef

Originally Posted by donald
So it's a color morph of a yellow tang?
no. it's a color morph of a scopas tang, i think.

anonome

Beautiful it is..........BUT....I do think it is overstocked only because do you really think he would know if an anthias dies in the back, way too many to count. But, if it works for him then go for it. I just think that if a fish dies he wouldn't be able to know. Now, if it where a specimen fish he might miss it.
This would be a true test for the Deltec skimmer!!!

C

calvertbill

Sooo many questions raised.
1. RULE: No multiple Angels or they'll fight. (I saw multiple angels)
2. RULE: Species A,B,C,etc. NOT reef safe...(seems like lotsa NRS fish in here)
3. RULE: Must have adequate water movement (how do you even BEGIN to aim powerheads in a monster like this???)
4. I thought about the overcrowding thing, but greater minds than mine...
5. It's your job, should you choose to accept it...there are so many species in that tank with ZERO tolerance to any cupric salts...can you imagine having to catch all those fish to go into QT??? (wash my mind out with soap!)
Bottom line? It works and I stand in awe. I don't think I'm envious 'cause I'm sure I'd

[hr]
up in maintaining it...but I sure wish it was someplace close so I could visit and just watch...public aquaria should have lounge chairs!